alpha he boiler combi | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss alpha he boiler combi in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bedspoolplayer

hi got the above alpha bolier cant get hot water only when heating is on am sorry in advance i know there not the best lol diverter problem? thanks in advance

Yes it does sound like it could be a diverter problem and that would be my first check.

Diaphragm and hw flow switch will cure this!

hi alpha man sorry never got back early got to change these parts on monday may i ask u if i need any more seals or parts to do this the people have been away just back thanks in advance

If you buy a diaphragm repair kit it will come with all the seals needed for the job, if you buy a divertor valve- then you will need to buy a seal kit too!

Hope that helps.

hi alpha man many thanks change the above parts all working now ty for help

Would a fault diaphragm allow only luke warm water? Do the flow switches normally break down? Just out of interest? Got the exact same problem I'm going to next week. Why wouldn't be the diverter? Cheers

Does the boiler fire for hw when the ch is turned off?

Luke warm hw could be either, Blocked DHW heat exchanger or divertor valve letting by, The flow switches are terrible and they are always going down.

Hi, customer says they only get hot water when heating is on! Thanks

Ok, cheers. Will grab those parts before I go. and let you know if you were right once again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

It's a sealed system so if its leaking from...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
I seemed to have resolved it. There are two...
Replies
Views
Worked a charm, thanks a lot Shaun!
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
Back