Alpha Man - Help needed!! | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Alpha Man - Help needed!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hoops

Hi,

I have an Alpha CD24C which wasn't providing hot water unless the central heating was turned on. I read loads of other threads and figured out the flow switch was working fine so I went ahead and changed the diaphragm. I also replaced the old white thermistor for a newer black one.

Immediately after the repair it worked perfectly with the orange light coming on as soon as hot water was demanded. However, two weeks later it stopped and reverted back to its old ways of needing the central heating turned on to get hot water. I reset the boiler and now, after turning in a hot tap, there is a 20-30 second delay before the orange light comes on and the boiler fires up.

Should there be this delay, or am I overlooking something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

you need a gas safe engineer to look at your boiler

Agreed, changing parts and disturbing things from forum advice isnt a good idea as its pretty much pot shot luck

have a gas safe engineer who knows what to do look at it, solve it and make sure its safe.
Ive changed heat exchangers and caused gas leaks on occasion ( gas apprentice)

As above you need a gsr in to look at your boiler. We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

Thank you.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/42241-notice-gas-safety-related-advice.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, it’s a big old house, 6 bedrooms over 3...
Replies
Views
C
I’m not posting here to agree to do/looking...
Replies
Views
Our Glow Worm 38cxi boiler is about 15 years...
Replies
Views
Yes get a gas safe registered engineer in and...
Replies
Views
C
Weird thing is if I use boost to put heating...
Replies
Views
Back