Am I allowed to sort these two "boiler" issues? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Am I allowed to sort these two "boiler" issues? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
I am not Gas Safe. Therefore I don't touch boilers apart from topping up after drain downs. Hence I don't know whether I am allowed to do anything else. Doesn't tend to come up but oddly enough it just did. Twice. Excuse the lack of knowledge of what the bits are but as I said, it aint my area, so I'm guessing.

Two different jobs. Two different combis. Both Alphas.

First one is just a weep on a soldered joint. I'm thinking either cold in or cold/hot out. Questions:

1) Am I allowed to sort it?

2) If so, do I need to order the right bit? Because it looks like I could just do it with a bent tap con and some pipe.

IMAG0420.jpgIMAG0421.jpg

Second one is...I think - not sure what the correct name is - the warning pipe? I'm guessing it's the one you run outside and then bend back towards the wall. Guy who installed it didn't finish job for some reason. Customer was warned by a friend about it.

So same questions:

1) Am I allowed to do it?

2) If I am, what should/shouldn't be done (rules/regs/minimum distances/whathaveyou)?

IMAG0435.jpgIMAG0436.jpg

More than happy to leave both well alone if not a good idea / not allowed.

Thanks

item 1. Technically no but yes. Item 2. No. I wouldn't touch it as probably more than those faults. If you fix visible ones the serious ones get forgotten

I wouldn't bother touching them. They have a habit of touch it and it will leak elsewhere. Is the prv pipe not going anywhere?

1 yes
2 if in doing repairs/fix and you end up with a problem that you shouldn't/cant fix you'll be giving yourself a headache

if the original installer missed this what els was missed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Love
    • Agree
    • Funny
Bummer. There must be loads of these seats...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
I do two services stnd and a 5 yearly strip...
Replies
Views
LastPlumber's view makes sense. Anyway this...
Replies
Views
Back