an unloved boiler.....12 year old never been serviced or checked but passes lgsc | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss an unloved boiler.....12 year old never been serviced or checked but passes lgsc in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kendod

think some remedials required here............... photo (30).jpgphoto (29).jpg this boiler is still in use. think it needs some loving pmsl

lol i wish i could mate this boiler is the one thats attached to the flues i have posted, it has beed classed as not to current standard by gas safe and with some internal work it will be kept in use, its connected to the wrong flueing system with no points of provivsions for the 15 mtrs of flue thats condesing the fumes or the water the home made terminal letting in. shocking mate but thats what we are up against and on teusday morning the S*^$$ will hit the fan.

If it has incorrect flue and incorrect terminal and has water dripping on the burner affecting combustion then it is Immediately Dangerous.

well mucker i classed it at risk shut it down, gas safe came out and nts it, getting a copy of the report on teusday, i have loost the work of the letting agents because of their report. i appreciate the advice cheers lads

You are at fault here. Not gassafe. That is, according to GIUSR, clearly ID. You should've capped off the gas, with permission, and riddor reported it.

I can't believe gas safe would ncs it.

well mucker a copy of the report will be on this shortly so u can read away and have a think on it.................... maybe im abit to cautious or not but they have cost me alot of work................ GAS SAFE r not their to help enginners, we are registered so if something does go wrong, then we can be held accountable because we are gas safe registered,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi appreciate and thanks to all that replied...
Replies
Views
In the back of the fireplace there will be a...
Replies
Views
Turned out to be a dirty flame eye inside the...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
There must be many installations that are in...
Replies
Views
Back