Andrews cylinder | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Andrews cylinder in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

We have a job to replace 3 Andrew's gas fired cylinders in a commercial premises because the existing ones are after only 7 years. Andrew's technical have said its probably due to limescale but have advised against fitting a water softener.

Can anyone advise what is best to a system like this instead of a softener? Maybe a water conditioner. What is best conditioner to fit ?

Each cylinder will be 380 litres.

The cylinders are fed via very large storage tanks and a boost set. See attached

The reason for not wanting a softener is because of water flow issues they can’t pass enough water through

Nothing just good maintenance and replacement of anode rods

The reason for not wanting a softener is because of water flow issues they can’t pass enough water through

Nothing just good maintenance and replacement of anode rods
Yes I thought replacement but below is the reply from technical when I asked the question
"The anodes are non-sacrificial and therefore do not require any maintenance or replacement. For this reason, the service clearance required above the water heater can be reduced quite significantly. Correx anodes require a permanent power supply, this is all pre-wired and the anode system can be located at the top of the heater, beneath the top cover"

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for the reply. The ABV is external to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If you have a pressure gauge on the pump...
Replies
Views
P
Mr Speaker: I'm tempted to draught a sarcastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm away this weekend but I will try...
Replies
Views
Does your hot water tank have 2 elements? If...
Replies
Views
Back