Another add on TV for new boilers ! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Another add on TV for new boilers ! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtsplumbing

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi sat down having dinner tonight (12/3/12) and up pops yet another TV add for boiler replacements, did-not manage to get name of Co but they are offering a Worcester Boiler with 10 years warranty for £17.00 per Mth,

What chance as the sole trader got with these Co, I think its a plan to force out the little guy, Then what will happen to the prices ?? £150.00 for a service / £4000.00 for a boiler change.

Were are these Co springing up from and who is backing them ? and why is it allways Wocester Boilers who seem to be involved ?:furious3:

The company with these are help link and it's from £17. Worcester are leaping into bed with these companies because their customer service has gone out of the window and they just worry about flogging as many boilers as possible now. They're going down the same route as Ideal did with warmfront in my opinion.

Another nail in the coffin for all us self employed heating engineers or small companies...

By looking at the website, it looks like there trying to take on British Gas type service contracts, there saying for the same price they fit & maintain a new boiler, i think they fit a new boiler every 10 years also...

I'm not sure but I know a few of my ex colleagues from Carillion Energy Services have joined them. From what I've seen they appear to be as disorganised as CES was with engineers travelling miles to jobs and getting to Plumb Center to find the wrong materials have been oredered.

Domain name:
help-link.co.uk

Registrant:
Help-Link UK Limited

Registrant type:
UK Limited Company, (Company number: 3527087)

Registrant's address:
Rosedale House
Carr Wood Road
Carr Wood Industrial Estate
Glass Houghton
WF10 4SB
United Kingdom

Registrar:
Iomart Hosting Ltd t/a Internetters Ltd [Tag = INTERNETTERS]
URL: Domain Hosting and Registration | Web Hosting Company | Internetters

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 06-Sep-2000
Renewal date: 06-Sep-2012
Last updated: 05-Nov-2010

Registration status:
Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:
ns1.namecity.com
ns2.namecity.com

WHOIS lookup made at 22:42:47 12-Mar-2012

Worcester are apparently going to sell their boilers in B&Q,,,,,so the public will be able to clock the prices they can also get 10% off on oap wednesdays...

Hi clarky 101 already on sale in B&Q Plymouth, but only to Trade Card holders, then again anyone can get a Trade Card at B&Q , been on sale for a few weeks now.

Saw the add for Help-Link again tonight, are they a national Co, never heard of them, do they have own employed fitters, or are do they use contractors ? work is hard enougth in the South West, without having another Multi National Co grabbing all they can for £17.00 per Mth, what chance has the small sole trader got against these Co, Think it may be time to look for new type of employment ! Plumbing is going down hill fast. :ack2:

Hi clarky 101 already on sale in B&Q Plymouth, but only to Trade Card holders, then again anyone can get a Trade Card at B&Q , been on sale for a few weeks now.

For sale at my local B&Q only on production of Gas Safe membership card, but still about 10% more expensive than my supplier who is a half mile away.

Is that 10% above Trade price ? Do B&Q ask for GS Card for other makes of Boilers or gas cookers / Fires ? Cooker hose - Fire fixing Kits ect, Think not ! What about Warranty on Worcester Boilers are Worcester covering that ?

B&Q are about 10% more expensive than the trade price I can get from my own supplier. And the answer mate is no they don't ask for the GS card for anything other than WB gear. In fact the snotty nosed cocky little fella at the till looked down his nose at me and said you have to have a gas safe card for one of them mate, and for the first time and just to be a bit smart back i took mine out and said ''what like one of these'' . Far as I know the warranty is just as you would buy it from any trade outlet.

Be good to find out about warranty ! Mate of mine fitted a Baisi a wile back (went wrong) and they refused to do anything as B&Q cut them down on price , so Baisi would not do any warranty calls, B&Q Plymouth sub it out to local Boiler guy ! Wonder why they only ask for GS card on WB Boilers ? but are quite happy to sell other gas items to whoever walks into the store ! Glad you let him see your card ,did he look on the back to see if you could fit boilers ? He would have been ok as its not joined up writing. Next time i am in B&Q i am going to ask about warranty on WB boilers.

HAHA look on back ???? I don't think he'd ever seen one tbh, he just looked quickly and said ok mate. I didn't buy one just enquired, I think he was just taking the opportunity to flex his new found muscles and insist on seeing a GSR card.

Good one goz ! bet he was about 7 stone wet through and verticaly challenged. What part of NW are you have family in Burnley & Longridge

Helplink are without a doubt the biggest company around here. The company started in my town and their head office is still here. They aren't a national company, they just like to make their lads travel a lot.

Most of their installers are probably under 20, and earning £7 an hour, and the standard of their work is utterly shocking. The 10 year guarantee is a craftily worded pile ofrubbish, it's a 10 warranty on heat exchanger I believe, and it's not worth the paper it's printed on unless you have your boiler "serviced" by helplink annually. I know this because i had a customer last year who moved into a house with a helplink boiler and couldn't get his warranty honoured.

I can't foresee their presence being a problem once their reputation spreads round your areas, round here the saying goes "helplink do it rubbish" (EDIT: actually thats not how the saying goes at all, replace the word rubbish with a word that rhymes with right) you'll understand this when you hear their radio ads. The only people who will use them are people so desperately poor, they have no choice but to ripped off on finance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back