another ferroli question | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss another ferroli question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

black 31

i am replacing the expansion tank on rear of ferroli falcon as i keep getting called to low pressure in system, there are no signs of leaks anywhere and have added fernox sealant for belt and braces but when re pressured and run for about 10mins runs up to about 2.5 bar and i assume relief vave is operating when fully heated through although i have never witnessed it as property is rented does this sound about right ? the test point is in the most in accesable position you can imagine if i were to get it out and it be u/s would take a few days to get a new one and tennant is a real pain in the arse already after 2 days where it has been off for a total of 3 hrs talking about compensation as it is getting her dowm ??????? do you guys think i am on the right track? and also does the tank need to be repressured in situ with water in or can i just take to the garage and do it there without causing any damage cheers in advance for any thoughts on this one

Re-prime expansion vessel and maybe put a container under p/r pipework termination point outside ,cover and see if any discharge over night,would not go replacing with out being sure that is problem,only re pressurise to 1.2 bar

As for tenant,do not let her pressurise you !!,if she does not want to take time off,tell her to give you a key,thats her chose,a lot of tenants will whinge no matter what you do

thanks for reply puddle i have already orded new tank before thinking about asking you guys .oh well will i be ok to inflate at a garage then iam guessing i would but lesson learnt i thought i had better ask ?

why wuold pressure rise so quickly ?
The membrane in the pressure vessel sounds like it is perforated.
Theres no need initially to replace it like has been said re-pressurise to 1.2 bar MAX .
If you decide to replace the vessel have you considered an external one above or below the boiler ?

thanks for your thoughts guys but i have already ordered a new on should arrive tomo , i will be ok to pressurise at a garage wont i ?

????????????????????????????????pressurise at a garage its a expansion vessel not a tyre ,you dont wanna blow it up lol,new one should come pressurised,out of curiosity were is the ev located on the boiler? back or side?

lol did not realise it would be pressurised the is on the rear of boiler the test point is at about 4 oclock and with pipework all runnin off to the right is near impossible to get at

Last edited by a moderator:
balls dont know whats up with me tonight meant pipework all running off to right

i think there is enough room to lift out of the back was wondering if i could fitt a flex pipe to extend it the i can twist anti clock wise so the test piont would be at the top is this a viable idea

right are you a gsr engineer mate and i am not trying to be clever,theres a good reason for my question so please dont take offence

no im not i was corgi reg but ticket ran out about 3yrs ago i am a spark by trade but co i used to work for in their wisdom decided i would be a multi skilled engineer !!! dont agree with it really each to thier own but do have a fair amount of expieriance

the system will be having its annual service by gas engineer on 20th of this month anyway

so you realise to remove the expansion vessel from the rear of the boiler it lifts out from the top,which means the flue must be removed i would strongly advise you dont remove the flue,they can break and flue seals can fail , and you wont have a fga so cant test after your best bet would be to fit a supplementary 10 litre expansion vessel

i dont think i may be wrong that i will not need to disturb the flue as it does not exit through the wall boiler is mounted on but turns right and goes through the adjacent wall fingers crossed what do you think about extending the pipe to orientate the test point to top of boiler cant see a problem with it can you ?

not sure what you mean by extending the pipe,sounds like flue not a issue if your on about the ev feed pipe depends on thew size older ferrolis are 8mm can you post a pic?

yeah sorry not making myself clear meant ev outlet pipe its at 4 oclock on vessle and impossible to get at! was wanting to turn vesstle 120 degrees anti clockwise so it can be accessed trom top to test if ness at a later date

are you talking about the test point were you would put a pressure tester?

Hello guys , sorry for changing subject but need a bit of guidance on pricing a job for a powerflush.
Done a few domestic flushes but this one is in a hotel with 31 radiators. Going to look at it on thursday.
What sort of prices would be thinking for this?
Any advice would be a real help, thanks.

yes am talking about moving test point round but to do this would need to extend the water pipe to enable tank to turn round ??

yes and that would be a pain and could cause you agro if pipes 6 mm you can buy a angled extender ,i nicked mine from a baxi rep but it would sort out your problem with testing,try regin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I would suggest you contact gas safe to report...
Replies
Views
Whoops, yes, well spotted. Getting my systems...
Replies
Views
welcome! I am sure some of the guys will be...
Replies
Views
J
Good advice above.
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
R
Hey all, apologies for the long post: I've...
Replies
Views
richardc1983
R
Back