Another "pump not working" question. | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Another "pump not working" question. in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

M

Minty

Hi folks, I've got a Grundfoss CH pump not working. I've taken the silver end cap off and spun it with a screwdriver but still no go. I don't think I've got any motorized valves as its an old system with 2 flow pipes for hot water and CH and 2 returns. Satchwell room 'stat clicks when you turn it up. It has a Dandfoss 102 programmer (timeswitch?). Could the room stat be faulty even though it clicks when you turn it up? Could the programmer (timeswitch) be faulty even though it turns the water (boiler) on? Is it a plumbers job or an electricians?
Many thanks to anyone who offers help or advice.

I've thought of that; is it always live or just when the timeswitch is on 'and' when the thermostat is calling for heat. I got a multi-meter, so I guess I check between live and neutral?? Luckily I got RCD protection :)

call a pro in mate any competent plumber/rgi should be able to sort it,your messing and unsure of what your doing at best you could get spiky hair and a permanent stiffy LOL at worst ......death

Thought of a safer approach; I turned off the electric to the timeswitch and pump. Dis-connected the pump from the power supply. Connected the pump direct to a wall socket and hey presto it works. So its got to be the thermostat, timeswitch or faulty wiring. Tried turning the thermostat down to see if it turned the boiler off but it didn't. But you can hear the thermostat click as it goes past room temperature. I am now controlling the heating by turning the pump on and off from the wall socket it is connected to. Any suggestions?

Similar plumbing topics

Several people told me it would be an Airlock...
Replies
Views
Everything working fine on PP mode - thanks...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Here's an attachment of the PDF if people are...
Replies
Views
Physically next to the pump, 22mm pipe goes up...
Replies
Views
Back