Another shower problem | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Another shower problem in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Paulus

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
I replaced a shower pump 4 months ago and all worked fine. Last week the shower stopped working, pump not kicking in and not even a dribble from the shower head due to gravity. The pump is fitted as per manufacturers instructions and I fitted non-return valves to stop pulsing after use.

I have checked the filters and they are all clear. I turned the pump off, turned the shower on and blew down the shower hose thinking it may be an airlock in the system. Water started to come through the hose and when I turned the pump on it worked perfectly. I turned the shower on and off a few times and all was well so I left the job thinking I had sorted it. Just had a call this morning to say that the customer has to blow down the hose every time they use the shower to get it working.

I would really appreciate any help with this problem as I can't think of anything else to do.

I don't think it has anything to do with the pump, there is plenty of head. Even when the pump isn't working there should be some water coming through due to gravity, but there isn't unless you first blow through the flexible shower hose, then water starts to come through.

I think it must be an airlock but can't understand why it keeps recurring.

Upvote 0
I will whip out the shower cartridge and check the filters although I don't see how debris could have passed through the pump filters. As I said, I have checked the pump filters and they are clear.

Upvote 0
I will whip out the shower cartridge and check the filters although I don't see how debris could have passed through the pump filters. As I said, I have checked the pump filters and they are clear.

I went to a showermate this week. When I stripped the pump I found that the impellers had shaved a load of plastic filings off the body and got clogged in the shower filters.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi SI......is the shower on the same floor as...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Turn the mains water off. Switch off the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, have you fixed your shower and if so...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank You for your help. I will make sure this...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have you tried removing the head to see if it...
Replies
Views
Back