Another Worcester thread !!!! | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Another Worcester thread !!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

goz666

Gas Engineer
Greenstar 24i junior, dripping from PRV !! Recharged vessel today, all good.....now leaking again and boiler won't run at all and is over in the red high pressure area. Am thinking maybe a blockage, did one other week on a conventional junior that was blocked all the way into the ex vessel braided pipe but never on the greenstar, are there any well known blockages that pop up regularly ?

There is no pressure sensor on that boiler so it not working won't be due to the high pressure.

I've never seen or heard of a blocked hose but there is always a first time for everything. If the PRV was passing for a while then it could easily be goosed. I've had to change a few and its easier to remove the water section complete than mess about.

Is the fill loop passing or is it the key one?

It's a Junior, Jase the expansion vessel has a hose. Classics don't right enough.

Open the boiler drain off, recharge the vessel. If water comes out the drain off, theres no blockage

There is no pressure sensor on that boiler so it not working won't be due to the high pressure.

I've never seen or heard of a blocked hose but there is always a first time for everything. If the PRV was passing for a while then it could easily be goosed. I've had to change a few and its easier to remove the water section complete than mess about.

Is the fill loop passing or is it the key one?

I had a blocked hose on a high flow

Well, I tried to reach the PRV today but the handle is missing. I drained the boiler through the drain off and all was ok, took the braided hose from the ex vessel out of the pump side of the hydroblock and a bit of water came out. Recharged the vessel while this hose was still out and all seemed ok. Put back together and now it wont run and its over in the red.
The other one I did the other week was a non condensing 24i junior and the braided hose from the back of the pump up to the Ex Vessel was blocked so solid I had to use a kebab skewer to clean it out.

Just to add, I'm going back tomorrow and he's asked me to fit a magnaclean so I'm thinking of taking the boiler off and replacing the PRV as well so I can check out everything while its off the wall.

Last edited:
How big is the system? Vessel might be too small, although if this problem has only just started it could well be a blocked hose. Make sure you release the pressure in the vessel first or you'll get very wet if it is blocked and you clear it! Talking from experience with a Vokera Compact! Black water everywhere!

I take it the vessel charge was checked again when you returned. I've had them leak via the schrader valve, if so they quickly lose their charge but can appear to work when you're testing.

image.jpg Braided hose from expansion vessel to side of pump was blocked solid, cleared this one with a welding rod !!

Is the capillary tube to the pressure gauge blocked, and giving you a false reading?

Also, every time I re-charge a e/v, I tend to replace the schrader valve, only cost pennies and 30 seconds to replace.

It was the pipe from the ex vessel to the pump which was blocked solid.....see pic above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Worcester normally have a section in the...
Replies
Views
S
Replies
Views
Looking at those working gas pressures and the...
Replies
Views
Thanks Chuck for the quick response I...
Replies
Views
Back