anti-corrosion additive on indirect water heater | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss anti-corrosion additive on indirect water heater in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

My current system is a wood fired boiler, and /or oil boiler the wood boiler heats my garage, home (hydronics) and my indirect HW system.

the oil boiler does the 2 hydronic zones but not the garage. it also does my indirect hot water.

The indirect tank is 32 years old and needs replacement. the new crown boiler velocity unit says use non toxic fluid in the coil. the wood boiler requires an anti corrosion additive. Im not sure if it says this for any reason, or its a lawyer thing. surely the heating circuit fluid isn’t getting mixed into the DHW

anyone have input here?

You are correct the heating water and the domestic hot water are completely separated the hot water is heated by a copper or stainless steel coil internally in your cylinder, the heating water passes through this coil and it's the surface area of thir coil that heats the domestic hot water , a good flush out of the system is recommended a magnaclense wouldn't hurt either, Fernox, sentinel,and Adey all do products suitable for corrosion protection. Kop

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Stupid question first: How many header tanks...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for this information, it's helpful. It...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes, The size of the external expansion...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Rob, Thanks for your post. According to...
Replies
Views
B
Thank you all for your help and advice as I...
Replies
Views
Bill Robinson
B
Back