Anti vermin outlet. | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Anti vermin outlet. in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

gmartine

Esteemed
Gas Engineer
Feel a bit sorry for one of my neighbours, youngish family that have been flooded twice with flooring ruined both times because rat(s) got in through the washing machine outlet and burrowed through pipe to get to the ktichen. I got involved and despite my experience the fecker took an age to poison with the kids having to sleep in parents bedroom because they could hear it or them scuttling around at night.

Anyhow I made them a barrier for their 40mm WM outlet out of a small bean can but the fella whose a bit dense didn't seem too convinced by that even though it worked. What's the usual remedy, a non return valve? The vermin proof all seem to be 110mm, the 40mm all seem to be anti-flood only.

Attachments

• VIDEO-2023-11-22-08-02-30.mp4
    6.6 MB
  • WM flexi .jpg
    WM flexi .jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Back