Any have experience of domestic urinals? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Any have experience of domestic urinals? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kendo

Hi, this is my first post - might not be my last one :) I'm thinking of putting in a domestic urinal in a new bathroom. I'm a bit confused about what direction to go in. From what I've seen so far, there seems to be two choices Normal and Waterless. If I go for a 'Normal' urinal, are there any reasonably priced water controls? (rf / infra-red seem very expensive) and can the cistern be embed in a stud wall? (but not sure how deep these are) ... or, if I go for a Waterless one, Is it clean/odourless? and is the deodourising gubbins economical? Anyone with experience of either of these two types please chip in. The builders are on-site are I type... :D Thanks, Kenny

Save your money and on the odd occasion you over do the drinking use the wardrobe like every one else.

Heh, witty wiity :grin:

TBH, the wife wants it more than me. Maybe she's telling me my aim is poor...

Heh, witty wiity :grin:

TBH, the wife wants it more than me. Maybe she's telling me my aim is poor...

Or maybe she is trying to tell you something else lol
Only kidding
up to you but look silly in domestic bathroom

Yep had a pee in one last week.

No seriously they are a PITA to fit and expensive as you must really use chrome pipe and fittings.

Cistermiser's are good and cheap (three different ones for different pressures)

Justlead #2. Not just me then :D

A few years ago a mate of mine had a good night in the the pub and went home to bed , he woke up in the middle of the night , peed out of the window and went back to bed .
Trouble was in the morning he found out that he had forgotten to open the window !!!!!!!!!
He was not very popular .......

maybe a foriegn one were u can flush would be better, are they even allowed over here though? cannot see a prob if you use backflow prevention, but are they available?

i know someone who peed on the radiator middle of a winters night.

the heating come on at 6am.............. not very nice

Thanks for the comments folks. Doesn't sound like a popular idea, but beware of the rise of the urinal! You heard it here first :)

I don't think a urinal will help the old aim problem anyway, think of the urine lake in public toilets.

Off the top of my head you cannot fit a direct flush urinal in a domestic environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back