Any ideas ?? type of system | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Any ideas ?? type of system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

goz666

Gas Engineer
Have had a call from a lad I know who wants me to put a cylinder and tanks into a house that is going to be made multi occupancy. He does not want gas, there are seven bedrooms each with a washbasin with hot and cold water and a separate bathroom and kitchen all requiring DHW. There will be an electric shower installed and bath. he wants a traditional cylinder and gravity fed DHW....anyone any better or easier ideas,this is going into a former pub. I don't really want the job, the place is a fleapit but if I do end up with it, I don't want to be there long.:hand:

direct unvented cylinder with secondary return if runs are long, whats the cold main like?

Two options . 1. Saida 100l unvented with tmv3 or traditional cylinder heated by electric heater with a pump.... Lasts longer than immersion plus it's about 12kw

Loads of options! I quite like the Elson coral aquanox tbh. Either that or go for direct unvented ideally. Electric boiler like an amptec is certainly a good option too for improved recovery time but more money for both of course, and more time in the flea pit lol

Jesus it's years since I looked at any unvented, he doesn't want me to add any heating he's having some sort of electric heaters fitted. So with that in mind is it possible to just cap off the flow and return and use an UV direct cylinder for DHW only. And to add he's an asian friend of mine and tight as a ducks arse.

Direct = heated by immersion elements, no coil

Indirect = coil with immersion as back up

:)

no need to cap anything off of the direct version. Cold in, hot out,simples (excluding controls obviously)

Direct = heated by immersion elements, no coil

Indirect = coil with immersion as back up

:)

no need to cap anything off of the direct version. Cold in, hot out,simples (excluding controls obviously)

What a t..t I am, sorry pal I had a bad day yesterday. Van broke down and I spent all day looking for spares, I know the difference I was looking at the elson coral you put on and must have been looking at the indirect model.

100ltr is wildly undersized for a 7 bedroom property. I would go 300ltr with 3 immersions. There's a guy local to me who keeps putting in tiny UV cylinders and wiring the immersions in to run constantly, then calling up and wondering why the eco stats are popping off daily in the salon where he fitted a 145litre uv cylinder.

Stored hot water, uv cylinders are not electric combis...

7 wash basins, a kitchen, and a bath in total as far as I see? Basin usage won't rinse the cylinder, so the main volume, with an est 7-10 occupants, will come from the bath usage between them, those that shower are catered for via electric shower as per OP.

I reckon all suggestions in this post would work just fine, but a single unit either thermal store or UV would involve less pipework. Nobody else like the elson coral aquanox? I think they're great to be fair

Yeh my thought was if some one had bath at least sinks still hot. Nothing quite like a cold wash and shave because someone had bath and washed dishes ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
  • Question
Dab easy sys tank and pump, 210-250 unvented...
Replies
Views
A
Are you sure it’s still vented? Should have...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Your programmer is in the off position so if...
Replies
Views
Thank you.... spot on. I have reached out to a...
Replies
Views
Back