Any Plumber willing to give me work experience | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Any Plumber willing to give me work experience in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

female plumber

I have passed my level 2 City and Guilds and currently completing level 3. I just need to build my confidence and want to work with someone, even for free in the Coventry area. I am finding it difficult especially being a female and getting the unwanted attention, I thought I found someone to help and all I got was messages if I thought he was fit!!!! I just want a plumbing career. Any help. Please x

thank you, only found this site by accident, seems like I can learn alot more from here :)

yep have a read through some of the posts lots of knowledgeable guys and gals on here

I have passed my level 2 City and Guilds and currently completing level 3. I just need to build my confidence and want to work with someone, even for free in the Coventry area. I am finding it difficult especially being a female and getting the unwanted attention, I thought I found someone to help and all I got was messages if I thought he was fit!!!! I just want a plumbing career. Any help. Please x

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

Have you tried advertising in your local merchant? There is a big independent in Coventry called CPS - the tradecounter staff there will know most of the locals, and often know who is hiring. They might even warn you off any potential creeps.

Good luck.

Ray

Thank you Ray,
They already have my name and number, but I may chase up and see them in person. I rang a couple of weeks ago there.
Thanx again

Tracey

Thank you Ray,
They already have my name and number, but I may chase up and see them in person. I rang a couple of weeks ago there.
Thanx again

Tracey

Hi Tracey

Why not go in and stick a notice up if they will let you. On the coffee machine is best. :)

Ray

I will, i'll have a nose tommorrow after work. :smile: ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.

Thank you guys.
It does make me laugh Olly. I know this is the beginning of the banters that I will get. I work in manufactory at minute so im surrounded by blokes giving it the banter daily. But when the other half sees this message off this bloke...... well you can imagine.

Hi,

I'm in a similar position to you i.e. seeking work experience but in the Berkshire area. Have you managed to find anyone to help, wondering if you could give me any tips?

Best of luck female plumber. This is a great site. Hope you manage to find someone to get you on your way. Much respect.

hey 81ll,
No I havent found anyone. I have written to local council. However yet to hear. I spoke to a few blokes face to face but they were not interested, Ive sent CV's and rang numbers from yellow pages but no hope.

oh gavin, I didnt message back, the other half did in a very calm mannar, which i was shocked with lol

Hello Tracey and welcome to the forum.
the position you are in of having completed a level of qualification but needing more qualifications and especially more confidence and experience is a position that is shared by many.
Also the need to work with some suitably qualified to be able to build a portfolio of work evidence.
What worked for me a lot of the time was to get the work myself usually for family/friends and then employ someone to do the work with me. (Admittedly I had experience of various trades and the tools to suit)
But it could work for you and be a way of getting some experience.

Welcome to the forum and good luck my dad works over Leicester way but he's on the bones of his arse at the moment, im sure summit will turn up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

My name is Chanel i’m 19 years old i’ve just...
Replies
Views
Any plumbers on here from the Nottingham Area...
Replies
Views
Hi All I've just started out studying NVQ...
Replies
Views
Hello i have completed my level 2 plumbing...
Replies
Views
Back