Any tips for a non plumber with no pilot light | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Any tips for a non plumber with no pilot light in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi,

Ideal classic boiler has no pilot light.

Home emergency cover is an option, so no huge drama but I wondered if there's anything a non plumber could try.

Tried:

Pushing the button to ignite the pilot light,

Turning off and on the boiler fuse in my Junction box and tried the pilot ignition again,

Turning the thermostat on the boiler to zero and tried the pilot ignition again

Thanks in advance

Does the pilot light at all with both buttons pressed eg gas valve button and ignition ?

You have gas don’t you eg pre pay meter ?

Me again. The pilot light whilst still on, can't have been the root cause
Still no hit water after having it on for 4 hours.

Any ideas please or Is it gas engineer time?

Pump on / running ?

Update: can now tell pump is running by listening carefully. I had my wife hold down the gas valve button for ages and I turned the hot water on and it's stayed on for 5 mins so far which is the longest we've managed to keep it on for so far.

Which model of classic is it
1000075158.png

Not 100% sure, does this help?

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks some good ideas. Just as an aside if we...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Any pictures of the cylinder install ? The...
Replies
Views
C
sounds like the pump is not working have you...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi. Sorry if I missed it - did it get resolved...
Replies
Views
Back