Any Worcester 28 CDI experts out there ???? | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Any Worcester 28 CDI experts out there ???? in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JHilton

I have a Worcester 28CDI which works no problem for the hot water. However the central heating won't fire up. If I tweek the central heating adjustment on the rear of the PCB then it fires for 30 secs to a minute before cutting out. Tweek again and it works 30 secs to a minute before cutting out and so on and so on. I would never get out of the cupboard if I wanted to heat the house. Any idea's, can anyone help, please?

Are you qualified in workings of a gas appliance to be able to go "tweaking" as you say?
If not I would call a QUALIFIED engineer to do the "tweaking" and solve your problem for you.

GrahamM thanks for the reply, don't worry I'm not touching anything on the gas side if I was I'd be qualified as you stated. By tweeking I mean adjusting, nothing major but I was hoping for a suggestion or idea's and when the times right I will get the plumber out. I'm competent and not dangerous or stupid.

by whose definition are you competent? you shouldn't have the cover off the boiler at all imho let alone "tweaking" the pcb. if there were adjustments that you could make there would be a knob on the front of the boiler which you could "tweak"

Last edited by a moderator:
the case of this appliance should not be removed by a non-qualified gas engineer, please call in an engineer to solve your problem

Are you tweaking the CH pressure adjust pot?

Have a look at the service manual which you can obtain from here:

Index

Page 27 has a diagnostics chart which may help you identify the problem.

Check the dictionary if you want to be petty, you can be competent without being qualified. I came on here for any help or advice, not just stick and no advice. Thanks anyway.

Thanks for that, advice without any stick, much appreciated I'll take a look.

"Tweaking" PCB's on some boilers can affect the workings of the boiler, gas included. You have to be able to confirm the boiler is still operating safely, within its limits. Are you versed/qualified in how to do this?

Okay point taken however on this pcb the gas adjustment is definitely separate to the central heating adjustment and like I said I am not touching the gas side of things and never would.

It could be fail point D or failing that it will be K. Will check it out and get back to you. Thanks again.

Check the dictionary if you want to be petty, you can be competent without being qualified. I came on here for any help or advice, not just stick and no advice. Thanks anyway.

Competency can be proven in Gas by passing the ACS assessments. After passing these assessments and being 'qualified' you're still not allowed to work as a gas engineer/fitter unless you are registered with Gas Safe.

So how can you prove that your competent?

A competent person can work on his own boiler, even if he is not registered with Gas Safe.

IMO

I'm sitting here wondering what your problem is. You didn't ask what I had or had not done (assessments etc) prior to having a go at me. If you don't want to offer any useful advice for fault finding then don't, that's fine but save your other comments for when I have time to have a go back. Cheers.

Why don't you get one of us to come and fix it
We only charge a fee and then you know it will be safe

Try posting in looking for a plumber

M.Joshi - Thank you for giving advice without being judgemental. As it happens with your advice pointing me in the right direction the problem is now solved. It was fail point D. The link was missing for some reason and it was fixed in an instant with the correct part might I add for all those waiting to shoot me down. As simple as that. Thanks again your'e a trooper.
Cheers. JH.:54:

Simon thanks for not having a go. The problem has now been resolved but I'll take your advice gladly if any further problems occur.

Simon thanks for not having a go. The problem has now been resolved but I'll take your advice gladly if any further problems occur.

No problem at all

M.Joshi - Thank you for giving advice without being judgemental. As it happens with your advice pointing me in the right direction the problem is now solved. It was fail point D. The link was missing for some reason and it was fixed in an instant with the correct part might I add for all those waiting to shoot me down. As simple as that. Thanks again your'e a trooper.
Cheers. JH.:54:

No worries - glad you managed to get it sorted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

done, but let's assume you didn't see that...
Replies
Views
G
If it’s only in hot water and the heating is...
Replies
Views
The Sunvic arrived a few days ago but I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a...
Replies
Views
Is it a heat only boiler?, you say a new pump...
Replies
Views
Back