any worcester experts? | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss any worcester experts? in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

southcoastboile

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Been out to this boiler 3 times now. Intermitant fault so it can work fine for a day (fired up 60 times on one ocassion, worked every time) when it does lock out, fault comes up, "ea" flame rectification.
When it does fail to light the probes ignight the burner and it fires up for around 2 secs then cuts out.

I have changed the probes.
Checked high and low co%
cleaned heat exchanger.
checked wp
had guvoner replaced at meter
cleaned condence trap

Still got fault, i'm leaning twords pcb, anyone come across this or have any ideas?

Have you checked the resistance on the coils of the gas valve? I think from memory they show both read around 160ohms, a break in one of the coils can cause an intermittent fault with no gas supply showing up fault code EA

Have you called Worcester's technical support line? They are very good, usually answer the phone straight away. If you can't be sure enough of the problem after going through all the checks with them then maybe refer it to them as they will replace up to 3 major parts at least for a fixed price of about £275 quid. If you've been there 3 times I wouldn't want to waste more of yours and the customers time. The customer should appreciate you doing this rather than guessing.

Go on WB web site order yourself an engineers booklet, really helpful.
If cdi range look at the diaphragm in fan/burner tube.
My last intermittant WB Junior he fault ended up as the gas valve, even the resistance 's of the coils where correct. Had changed ignition electrodes, burner gaskets & rechecked co/co2.

I rang worcester an they think pcb may be faulty. Dont think its gas valve or coils as the burner fires up. Never changed a diaphram between the fan and burner tube? could you elaborate on this please

I think the fan diaphragm splitting was quite common the the original greenstars. Easy to replace and instructions to show you where and how should be in the servicing instructions.

i tend to agree with worcester i had the exact same fault on a baxi and it was pcb!

i cant find the engineers booklet to order either? maybe im being dumb and cant find it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

D
Apologies, I don’t believe it is condensing...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Can I have your gas reg number please so I can...
Replies
Views
You could try a reset if that doesn’t work it...
Replies
Views
Thanks some good ideas. Just as an aside if we...
Replies
Views
Back