Anyone after a few days work... | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Anyone after a few days work... in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I got a job in Ealing which is a total refurb. 3 new bathrooms, underfloor heating and so on. First fix needs going in asap and I have ran over on some other jobs. Will pay £200 a day. Let me know guys

Cheers

Maybe if you posted in the open forum you may get a couple of responses.

If you ever need a hand in the future for a couple of days, let me know. Just try and give 2-3 weeks notice, as I am stupidly busy, and I should be able to help out mate. I have a full time subby with me at the moment as well so there could be two of us if needed.

Awesome thanks Matt. I shall keep that in mind. I have a week before I go on holiday for a 2 1/2 weeks. This job just keeps getting bigger and bigger. I was meant to install new boiler and unvented cylinder, flush existing system, 2 rooms with underfloor heating and new sanware in the bathrooms. When I went there today all pipework and radiators had been ripped out as well as all waste pipes and the like. Mental.

I thought if I put in the open forum I will get people asking to be an apprentice and I don't need that.

It's actually 1st time I have worked on a full refurb that has a site manager involved. He wouldn't let me in the house without proper safety and boots and it's only 110v. I don't have any 110v tools which is a bummer. Luckily I had all batteries charged so I could do a bit of work. The thing is the job was meant to start at the end of November, then middle of December and now they want it all done asap and I am off on holiday!!!

I would be care full of how much money and time you put into the job without getting a fair deposit upfront.

If the job is being held up whilst you are away they will not think twice about getting someone else in to move the job on whilst you are away.

I would be care full of how much money and time you put into the job without getting a fair deposit upfront.

If the job is being held up whilst you are away they will not think twice about getting someone else in to move the job on whilst you are away.

Thanks for the advice. The guy who is project managing is a friend of mine and a really good client. So I am not worried about not getting paid as he always pays as soon as invoiced. I don't mind if they get others in really, I shall just knock it off the bill if it was something I had quoted for

I hate all this 110v bullshot, every single last one of my tools has a proper 240v plug on it. I'm not slogging round a massive heavy transformer just to please some to55er in a yellow vest and a clipboard.

"your not coming in here with those"

...."right I don't come in then, your loss" ptttf

Similar plumbing topics

Bit late to the show but I would have beeen...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
I started a long winded response but deleted...
Replies
Views
W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
Back