Anyone cured themselves of work-related 'tennis elbow?' | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Anyone cured themselves of work-related 'tennis elbow?' in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
I know it's work related. Right elbow. Where strain often taken when putting most pressure on tightening, untightening things, lobbing work bag on and off shoulder all day, carrying stuff about.

I've turned my bag into two bags to force myself to lighten it and try and chill my too frantic pace on some jobs but seems it's still getting punished enough to not heal. Just wondering if anyone has managed to have and then cure themselves of a work related injury by changing what they do? Asking for inspiration that it can be done basically

Unfortunately that's never the way it works. If man was any good at counting his blessings and being pleased with what he's got he wouldn't have been driven to create what he has. So essentially my whingeing about my elbow is how we went to the moon. It all checks out.

In answer to your question yes ,

Had tennis and golfers elbow in both arms . It came from first fixing on site using push fit plastic like poly plumb. The 22 mm was the worst as use to give me almighty gyp and discomfort .
Suffered with it for about 10 years tried resting it by changing jobs (just doing gas servicing) . Tried the injections it never really worked with that either.

In the end i just went on you tube and typed exercise to cure tennis elbow.Its all about generating more blood flow to those areas athat are causing trouble. Religiously carried out those exercise and still do and its been absent now for 18 months or so.

Now i just have type 1 diabetes, tinnitus, bad back and bad knees

Exercise for tennis elbow. Can be done sitting in chair watching TV:-
Support forearm, elbow to wrist, by resting on arm of chair. Hand,palm down, overhanging end of support. Flex wrist in vertical direction, down/up, over full range of movement without moving forearm. Can be done in sets of 25 repartitions. Holding can of beans or weight makes exercise more efficient, Good luck, persevere, worked for me and also carpenters who followed advice.

I wonder if it works with your elbow on the arm but not hanging over and clutching something else vertically up and down?

Back