Anyone done sub contracting work for BG? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Anyone done sub contracting work for BG? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

P

Plucky

As above really, been invited to one of their inductions days. Just wondered what prices were like and what they were like in general?

Spoke to a friend of mine yesterday who is sub-contracted to BG and over the period of thier strike which was a one day do he was told the pay would be £250 per day no matter what happened, weather he wen't to a job or not then £100 per job he wen't to. Which to me is a bloody good wage.

Not sure what they pay on their subbie rates but im sure it wont be so bad.

Still wont see me under BG's wing

Last edited by a moderator:
£16-18 per safety check (wait to see the fall out over what they do/should do etc for this) FGA check if room sealed but strip down check/clean if OF, you use your own van & fuel etc, any breakdown of the system within 30 (i think) days and they reclaim your safety check money from you whatever the fault, not a great deal is one way of describing it,

Doesnt sound good Kirk, I will be on installtions though so maybe better?

many years ago the company i worked for did subby installs for scottish gas, it was mince, they charged a fortune and bumped the contractors by giving both a poor hourly rate and not enough time to do it, doubly whammy, sorry it sounds a bit negative, i'm sure others can give us a more recent account (not sure if it will be much better)

Last edited by a moderator:

Similar plumbing topics

Alpha 2/3 manual. Shows variant with air...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It crossed my mind whether or not to apply, if...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
Sounds like the right thing to do however hot...
Replies
Views
Hi mate i did a fast track MLP course it was...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
To be fair some places in London have an...
Replies
Views
Back