Anyone else quiet with work? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Anyone else quiet with work? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

TFGplumbing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I'am picking up bit an pieces of work but the last week & a half has been dead, the worst of this year anyway. I'am newly self employed or reasonably so.. been trading little over a year.

Achievement of the week = racking in the van :D

Bet everyone else is ''bing bong'' rushed of their feet :mad: ha

Getting 1 or 2 small jobs every other day at the moment but I have just gone self employed. I'm quite happy to plod along really, I just enjoy my job.

I've gone a big quiet, been killing the installs since Xmas. But last week and a half little crap jobs. And even some plumbing"wince" apart from boiler swap today.

Before going self employed I was averaging 4 CH installs and a few wall heaters. Can't say I miss it though, it started getting like Groundhog Day.

I just stopped the HA work and used to do 5-6 a week but now is over and this week I was lucky few last minute jobs come my way but next week nothing yet , hopefully something big will come my way ! Could be helping some members from here with work to start with then who knows what will happen :)

Back in the private sector its crap, weve tailed off badly its only the industrial and commercial that are keepin it ticking.

I agree, its crap. People only seem to be getting the essentials done. i.e if their boiler breaks down stuff like that. Break downs and servicing are my bread and butter or have been. I have very little experience in commercial.

5 to 10 boilers a week. How is that possible? Powerflush a day, disconnect and hang new boiler. Commission a coupke of hours and wiring??????

Welcome to the world of contract installs. 2 straight swaps a day: done right because there is a clerk of works chasing your rse pulling you up for a dirty fingermark on the wall because he can't find nothing else wrong. And he hates you because you make much more money than he does.

Thats the joy of contract works had a classic few weeks ago sensor taps and wave flow sensor cisterns installed male female toilets . Had the taps running for 5 seconds which the rep for the taps told me that is a recomended time limit which people seem happy with .

got 1 snag which was the taps email saying can we have the taps running couple seconds longer lol, seemed a case of buildind surveyor tryting to find snags to justify his position

I had very little booked in for the last two weeks with going on holiday today, but it's been non stop just with 'one off' phone calls. Busy when I get back as well.

Welcome to the world of contract installs. 2 straight swaps a day: done right because there is a clerk of works chasing your rse pulling you up for a dirty fingermark on the wall because he can't find nothing else wrong. And he hates you because you make much more money than he does.

had this my self , supervisor did start sending me back on few jobs
- to rise cocker point as it was only 570mm of the floor and to sweep the dust I left under the cooker when I did the install (my answer was yes sure mate what ever you say I dont care as I was getting the fat bank transfers every monday not him )
- there was so many i dont even remember them all , but one I remember
"go and take densol tape out of the pipe as it will corrode the copper pipe "

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ok mate I found your page on Facebook I will...
Replies
Views
Same out in the Tavi area gone very slack...
Replies
Views
No, I believe you absolutely. My own problem...
Replies
Views
P
hi all i'am self employed and based in co down...
Replies
Views
plumbing 4 6
P
A
If your morals change... British Gas -...
Replies
Views
glasgowplumber
G
Back