Anyone else struggling with work during this pandemic | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Anyone else struggling with work during this pandemic in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hello everyone

Any other plumbers struggling with work during this covid situation?
I went self employed in September was really good up until Christmas then it's been dead as a door nail since lock down came in to force again . I'm not a gas engineer just a general plumber .I've joined check a trade not 100% on it or if it's any good .I knew it was going to be hard when I first started to get my name out there.
Just wondering if anyone is in the same boat and has some advice

Kind regards

James

One thing that most people don't realise is that it can take 2 - 3 years to really build up a new SE business with the referrals and repeat business.

Then factor in Covid

I've been SE for 11 years and my phone is quieter than normal and nearly all my calls are from existing clients

An observation about your profile - you don't give a location. Why not? A possible customer could be looking on here right now and would never contact you, but could be a mile away from you.

Sorry if this isn't what you want to hear

Hello everyone

Any other plumbers struggling with work during this covid situation?
I went self employed in September was really good up until Christmas then it's been dead as a door nail since lock down came in to force again . I'm not a gas engineer just a general plumber .I've joined check a trade not 100% on it or if it's any good .I knew it was going to be hard when I first started to get my name out there.
Just wondering if anyone is in the same boat and has some advice

Kind regards

James
Where you at as I’m snowed under where I am? If anything I have been strangely more busy during lockdown.

Hi mate

To be honest, it’s been much busier and non stop. I use sites like my builder etc. Having to turn work away. Try some different methods of advertising or trade sites. Not sure about check a trade. I have had customers on my builder where I have paid for £4 lead. Like an outside rap and it’s lead to thousands of work. Well worth it in my opinion.

Similar plumbing topics

Hey everyone, my name's Loren, I'm 31 and I...
Replies
Views
C
We're always looking for good engineers. Must...
Replies
Views
C
Well hello UK plumbers forum!! my name is Carl...
Replies
Views
CarlMac
C
C
Thanks clanger, i am employed by plumb center...
Replies
Views
CarlMac
C
F
I've tried supermarkets, but did not get a...
Replies
Views
Fredrico84
F
Back