Anyone ever heard of this boiler? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Anyone ever heard of this boiler? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

bewsh

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
man heiztechnik micromat ec 23/28 hs

Think it might be dutch. But was going to service one today, I've never come across one of these before, customer didn't have any MI's either. And, I can't find a PDF of them online!

Sounds like that's come back in the back of a van on a booze cruise, no mi's is a risky one though

is this it?
[DLMURL]http://www.rvr.ie/datastore/catalog/products/FPB103/literature/MAN%20Micromat%20EC%2016~38%20Installation%20Inst.pdf[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ye, I told the guy that I'm not working on it without any MI's available.

Good find, diamondgas! Looks very similar to that, although it is a 23/28, which isn't listed on the pdf.

Although, I think getting parts for the boiler could be a giant pain in the arse!

I've never heard of them personally! Just did a quick search on "micromat" and this popped up :)

I wouldn't waste any of my time on that, new boiler please.

first thing to do is check data badge to see if its suitable for this country.

They are simple enough boiler. Twin burners, mainly visual inspection with a bit of cleaning. Whats in that pdf is the just about same for all the boilers of that age in the range.

If the CO is high after checking gas pressures look at the flue as the plastic inner can get brittle with age and crack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You'd have to have gas meter removed if you...
Replies
Views
Thank you for the detailed and considered...
Replies
Views
B
Sometimes you have to think outside the box...
Replies
Views
So, you’re unlikely to save much if any money...
Replies
Views
W
Hi cjg, thanks for the reply. It was serviced...
Replies
Views
Williams25
W
Back