Anyone ever seen a 15mm fitting like this? | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Anyone ever seen a 15mm fitting like this? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

I've lifted up some floorboards in a house and found a Y shape tee joint on the central heating piping. It looks like two pipes sliced and jointed together rather than using a normal tee. The image below (on the link). Has anyone seen or can name this joint? or how/why or what the rationale is?
IMG_0914.jpg
is?

Thanks SJB060685,

I take it that I'm correct in assuming this isn't normal. The tee is at the end of a return circuit of the radiators in the house. Since this is a 1950's house I guessing it been there decades and survived multiple boilers changes.

Do you think it worth or must be replaced?

cheers

I suspect its a crude form to prevent reverse circulation, although I could be wrong, definitely by someone who understands fluid dynamics though. Is it a combi or boiler and cylinder and rads? If its not a combi is it a sealed system?
If i was to see that I would probably cut out and replace, it may have lasted multiple boiler changes but the integrity looks like its seen better days.

Cheers SimonG, Gasmk1, king of pipes & SJB060685

I will arrange for someone to cut out and replace. I traced one of the legs and it been capped off next to pipes that go to the back ground-floor Rad. I moved into the house in March and its currently a Combi but based on the state of the airing cupboard in the landing It must have been a boiler and cylinder at some point.

But I think SJB060685 you hit the nail on the head! :)

Thanks again!

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
No, they are rubbish and generally a right...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes, pipe is pull off push on, usually...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Hoping for some advice on the use of AAVs...
Replies
Views
Stephen44uk
S
T
  • Question
(Just bumping a few older threads, they will...
Replies
Views
D
  • Question
Looks like your attempting to put a plain 3/4...
Replies
Views
Back