Anyone fitted 3mm multipanel wall panels? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Anyone fitted 3mm multipanel wall panels? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Specifically straight onto pre-existing tiles.

Easy enough to get looking good? Any tips?

Ta

Same here, fitted once in 2010 and never again, I will never forget I was drilling the bottom riser rail hole (i'd done the top first) and I had to get my SDS out as it was really hard brick and as I was drilling I thought 'imagine how bad it would be if this drill bit snapped' yes you guessed it the drill bit snapped and I gouged a new hole out 1 inch to the left in the wall panel, replacing was not an option as I would have to take down the enclosure and shower.

My customer was stood behind me watching and he suggested using a chrome hook to cover the hole to hang stuff on...phew!

Specifically straight onto pre-existing tiles.

Easy enough to get looking good? Any tips?

Ta
Look at plastic shower panelling eurocell sell it much easier to use I have done three showers with it now and worked out great and cost half the price of multipanel . Regards kop

Attachments

• IMG_20190524_142356.jpg
    IMG_20190524_142356.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20190325_150817.jpg
    IMG_20190325_150817.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20191007_164610.jpg
    IMG_20191007_164610.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
I looked at some lightweight panelling in eurocell and they didn`t install me with confidence as they were very flexiable. Went with the 10mm(?) heavier boards, of course I may have been shown something different to what kop uses.

Fitted a full bathroom out in 10 mm last week and was a mare to do , cuts out in the garden carrying the boards up through the house.
Sharp stanley blasts through the 3 mm panels.
But hey ho had enough of bathrooms hate them customers behave like idiots

Fitted a full bathroom out in 10 mm last week and was a mare to do , cuts out in the garden carrying the boards up through the house.
Had some issues?
I hate bathrooms

Love bathrooms. Good earners if priced right.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
The situation is as follows. I have a shower...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I got one from a local shop for £120. Go to a...
Replies
Views
That's brilliant mate, thank you. I didn't see...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Nicely done, only us three will know what you...
Replies
Views
Back