Anyone good with exploded diagrams? | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Anyone good with exploded diagrams? in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Or fixed a Bristan 1901 concealed shower before?

Apols for long-winded post...

Drips from head. Bloke has the thermostatic cartridge but from limited info I can find online it appears this may be unlikely to solve this (as an aside: I guess some showers have a combined thermostatic AND on-off cartridge in one - and othes have separate parts for these functions?)

However he also had these other parts he said were filters the last person to service/fix didn't fit. I photographed them and after googling around it looks like they are actually "Flow Control Valves" - which sounds more like it?

Not sure from diagram how they'd be fitted though and can't find any conclusive info that they will solve issue anyway.

Either way this is the exploded diagram (hovering over it zooms in)

https://www.showerdoc.com/bristan-1901-thermostatic-surface-mo

This is a photo of the parts he has

n6w5ya.jpg

And these are the flow regulators the appear to be which look like they need a fat hex key to remove. He said he bought an expensive key in order just to take the shroud/facia plate off. Good old Bristan!

Bristan Shower Flow Control Valve - 00621146 | BRIST-00621146

So questions are:

1) Do I need to change the two flow regulators to stop shower dripping from head?
2)Do they fit in the 2 holes pictured on either side of the shower valve body either side of the main central hole which takes the thermo cartridge?

It looks like it's sat behind a million twiddly fiddly easy to break probably discontinued bits. I hate this kind of stuff. Good job I don't fix boilers I guess

Thanks

This is a very easy valve to work on.
All you need to do is:
1. Remove temperature control handle.
2. Remove flow control handle by removing two screws securing it to the flow control ring.
3. Remove flow control ring by removing 36mm nut, grips are fine for this.
4. Remove hot and cold filter assy's. These look difficult to remove but are not. Bristan supplied a special tool which is still available for less than £10.00 but I use an old pair of circlip pliers which fit into the two holes of the filter and then use a shifting spanner to turn the circlip pliers and remove the filter. H&C filters are different so don't mix them up.
5. Behind the filters are the valves your customer has purchased, think it 12mm Allen Key but haven't checked. Remove and replace these.
6. Replace all parts previously removed.
Job only takes 20 minutes including drinking a cup of coffee!
Hope this helps....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

C
I’m not posting here to agree to do/looking...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Many years ago a builder installed my...
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The first thing I would do is check the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi. Sorry if I missed it - did it get resolved...
Replies
Views
Back