Anyone got a laser level? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Anyone got a laser level? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Thinking of getting one for setting tiling out, think it will be a godsend in this current bathroom and will stop me wavering out and missing the horizontal grout lines where they meet over the door.

Extending pole looks good, beats stacking boxes up in the middle of the room..

Used to have one years ago, not impressed. I batten the bathroom out at low level and then a marked out bit of 2 x 1. No issues.

Can't beat old school :) :)

I like the idea of moving a red dot around room to see your cuts, here I've got window, niche, top of door, top of shower tray, top of bath and I need to get the border slap bang inline with the bar mixer. 30m2 of wall tiles!

got a laser level for last bathroom, customer decided they wanted brick style, absolutely brilliant, spot on and can check lines across windows and doors to ensure they are right. did whole room 1 tile high then easy from then on. great fun.
Customer even pointed out " you would be lost without that wouldn't you" I had to agree amazing.
I got the one in link above Bosch Quigo. Bit of a pain as lines arent long enough. I would get the dewalt one if I could afford it, that does the whole room. Just put in corner of room and you get a line all round the room. quigo one you have to keep moving it.

I bought a cheap rotary one years ago. It was carp. It was supposed to be self levelling and it didn't. If it was not level it wouldn't rotate. i went back to the good old water level.

I've got a dewalt laser level. The one that produces a horizontal line and vertical line. Self levelling

It costs about 150. But is worth it.

It is not accurate thou. The red line can be 4mm thick. So not great if you like accuracy

I've got a dewalt laser level. The one that produces a horizontal line and vertical line. Self levelling

It costs about 150. But is worth it.

It is not accurate thou. The red line can be 4mm thick. So not great if you like accuracy

Same as
It's just ok

I've got a DeWalt laser level which I always have with me. Looking to get the plumb laser at some point. Never failed me.

PLS are also brilliant lasers. A bit more expensive tho.

Surprising as it may seem I worked on large construction sites in the 70's and even then they had laser levels for the whole site. The engineers just set it up in the middle of the site and it was used as the datum for every body else. The engineers had a small box they took to where the level was required and placed it on an upright wall or what ever and the laser sent a signal to it which turned on a LED on the box, if I remember right, when it was level. They then marked the wall for you to use as a level. It was a great big thing and had a car battery to carry around with it. Usually though it was the old dumpy and a boning rod.

I use the Stanley - about £70 from ITS - it appears to be the same as the Dewalt which is roughly twice the cash. The line is 2mm but you can halve that with a sharp pencil. Apart from the connivence another upside of having one is that clients love to see technology being used to set out their kitchen/bathroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
There might be some broken glass on there. Try...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If it's 1940's there might be a DPM, in which...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Turn the waste fitting 45 so the angled...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for...
Replies
Views
Back