Anyone have any experience fitting A Biasi active a 35c | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Anyone have any experience fitting A Biasi active a 35c in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nas

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Before I begin I must say this invloves the worst kind of customer. One who went against my advice and had the above boiler fitted by someone else to save £25. Now its come back to haunt him..

I've been called to look at this newly installed boiler. He complains it gives Err04. Which acccording to the MI is to do with watersupply to the heating. There are no leaks in the system, One strange thing with this boiler is it doesnt have a pressure gauge. Any Ideas on how to check the pressure on this, or what the error is caused by?

Thanks in advance

Looking at the Biasi website these boilers have a 5 yr warranty Nas... Personally I'd step away and direct the custard to Biasi.... Regards pressure, it mentions that it's displayed electronically :)

Can't be much more help there alas...

Looking at the Biasi website these boilers have a 5 yr warranty Nas... Personally I'd step away and direct the custard to Biasi.... Regards pressure, it mentions that it's displayed electronically :)

Can't be much more help there alas...

I could find any mention of the electronic pressure display in in manual, where did you read this?

Managed to find the mi's for the boiler and there is a pressure gauge underneath on the base plate by the looks!

I think the MIs haven't been updated. The boiler doesn't have a gauge as shown in the (old)MI. Hence my confusion. I've got a copy of the MI that shows the gauge but they are incorrect.

has the commisioning paper work been completed ? or is this why the customer hasnt called biasi in ?

has the commisioning paper work been completed ? or is this why the customer hasnt called biasi in ?
I think 'other guy' was in the process of comissioning when he had problems and did a runner. I'm gonna give Biasi a ring tomorrow.

I think the MIs haven't been updated. The boiler doesn't have a gauge as shown in the (old)MI. Hence my confusion. I've got a copy of the MI that shows the gauge but they are incorrect.

Thanks for that Nas ... yeh I could only download the 2009 mi's ... I'd imagine the electronic display will still show the pressure though yeh?

Anyhoo's large step backward out the home is my best advice ... lol

Finally resolved this. The error04 was caused by a lack of pressure due to a leak. The custmer eventually discovered this when it started coming through the ceiling.The system was converted from an unvented to a combi and probably couldn't handle the pressure. And to view the pressure on the Boiler You have to press the 'power on' and the 'heating temperature increase' buttons at the same time for 2s.

All in all I can say for sure I will never be fitting on of these boilers even with a 5yr guarantee.

Glad to know you got it sorted Nas :)

Getting to know something new is part of our remit. It keeps the job interesting if you ask me :)

first thing you should have done nas is ring the manafacture before you done anything and they would have talked you thro it there usually brummies the last bloke i spoke to was a west brom fan and seamed a decent bloke and helpful so thats what i would have done looks professional then to the cust

I did contact the biasi technical helpline. I was on hold for 45mins before I got through. Never again.. If thats the service they give the installers I'd hate to think how long it would take to get anything fixed under their 5 yr guarantee!

in faireness once I got through they were quite helpfull.

Last edited:
must say ive never had to wait long for biasi helpline and they realy are good seem to realy know their products
biasi are quite a good boiler let down by cheap and nasty cases and knobs took me longer to get the case on one recently than it did to change the board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back