anyone here used boilerguide? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss anyone here used boilerguide? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

obseen16

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys, dunno if you have all heard of a site called boilergiude.co.uk but it works by customers putting their details on the site then the engineers have to pay about £14 to get the clients address and contact details to arrange a quote, but has anyone here used the site and got much work from it?

sounds like that ratedpoeple thing,
hard enough to make a living these days without these clowns charging us for the possibility of a job,

so you pay 14.00 to give someone a quote they might not like and use someone else:confused::confused:

yeh, i am on it.
they keep sending me emails from servicing to new installs etc.
the price seems to vary between £5 - £15 for the contact details only.
this dont tell you if the punter is just thinking of having the job done, how many you are pricing against etc.

i am still waiting for the free one. lol. so i refuse every one sent to me as i dont pay for leads.
if it were for a job i actually got then a commision seems more fair.

used it 5 times

2 i got to quote on
the other 3 were like this

1) asked for an oil boiler change - i paid the 16 pound - phoned customer - "oh i only want a service" so i tried to report lead and the time had expired (you have 3 days to report a lead, in that time you buy the lead - you have to contact in the day at night and by email)

2) customer not contactable again reported lead refunded

3) customer not contactable - reported lead - have proof on my history on phone - had the most sarcastic women speaking down to me on the phone by boiler guide saying her 'clever computer' can tell me when I've logged in and i haven't logged in on that day (load of rubbish as i have proof i have logged in) and that i had to pay for the lead even though the customer is not contactable as they have not received a reported lead. ANd that if i don't pay then i will be pursued in court etc etc. S

I said i don't mind paying for a lead that i had that week which i was able to contact and quote on, but i am not paying for the one that i couldn't contact and that i reported - They do not send out receipts of reports they just give you an answer 2-3 days later.... so how have you got proof that it has or hasn't been reported? they could tell you anything.

Anyway cut a long story short

i think most of these sites are used by people that just mess about on there computer and don't have any real enthusiasm of going ahead with job unless the price is rock bottom. And if you do have a problem boiler guide don't give a ......

end of rant this is still ongoing :)

oh and by the way I've never been spoken to in that manner by anyone before - I've always been helpful and honest in anything I've done - its not the matter of money - its 16 quid - its the matter of principal - i do it by the book with all my business matters and if its not giving me the service that it describes then i won't be paying.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it may be a good idea to list these companies sumwhere on this forum to highlight that we know what they are doing and we wernt born on the day before today

usually they will have 3 estimates. So you pay for customer number £15, but at the end cheapest estimate wins.
I did use rated people for over a year and only had one decent job from it. Not worth it.

Stay away from this mob total rip off !!!

Decided to use these as week fillers (if i got the work)

paid for about 5 leads and kinda went like this,

lead 1

emailed lead through paid about £15 plus vat tried to contact customer and could never get hold of them , told boiler guide they 'supposed' investigated lead and said it was valid and kept money ,,,,,hmmmmm!!

lead 2

again paid for lead got to price it and actually won the job so no complaints

lead 3

same as lead one could not contact boilerguide kept money !!

lead 4

as lead 3 !!!!!

lead 5

cust lived close and wanted boiler done asap, managed to contact cust and arrange time to price .
upon arrival i was instantly told sorry mate i already have a gas fitter i use just doing price comparison ( that cost me £20 for him to do a price comparison)

lead 6

Got details of cust and when i phoned them i was told i have had six quotes and dont need anymore, upon telling the cust i got lead off boiler guide and would like to give a quote if i could he still said no cheers for offer but gonna pick one of the quotes i have had .

Contacted boiler guide about the validity of the leads and was met with a hostile response from a woman called wendy if memory serves correct. They supposed verify these leads ( i dont think so) , i queried the sixth lead as said i wasn't even given chance to quote which they basically said tough not our problem now pay up!!

I seriously wouldn't use this mob as they dont vet any leads properly and got quite funny about the fact i mentioned the installer has to pay for these leads to the customer .

They were more concerned about this fact about the customer not knowing that we have to pay for these leads than chasing the validity of the work

in nutshell

KEEP AWAY!!!

Iv used them, the leads cost about 15 pound each... the clients mostly only leave mobile numbers, most the time they dont answer and make you feel like your begging for work by ringing them constantly.

The people just wont the cheapest job possible, its all very price orientated with all these online lead companies.

The problem is that customers think its a free service, yes it is for them, but we have to pay alot of money!!!

its a bit like gambling, im not really a gambling man but that's what it feels like as most of the time you lose, 100% for me with fake leads and guys that are clearly just wondering how much it is and not even considering getting the job done in the next decade just weighing up their options

Im amazed how many of these sites are appering, if we signed up to all of them we wud all be skint...

They all have one thing in common, the "promise" of endless amounts of work for a one off small fee... monthly, plus a % of the final job amount... makes me sick!

boilerguide... myhammer... checkatrade... myworkman... tradesman tracker.... the list goes on... ...

Glad it's not just me then - think it was a Linda I spoke to - really sarcastic and I'm sure it was reported! But they say they have no record! Anyway I will not pay the 15 quid - and I will take it all the way - like I said its the principle - I will pay for things if they do what they say but not if they don't.

It soulds like this industry needs some form of regulation. If a service is supposed to supply varified leads and it does not then its fraudulent misrepresentation. The best result would be that police investigate and prosecute for fraud which is highly unlikely.

if the customer helpline is unhelpful alarm bells should be ringing in your head as they dont value you (there customer) which should tell you they dont expect you to stay around for long because of how bad of a service they provide.
the best advise would be to avoid them, if not make sure the small print is fully understood.

Just had an email from these jokers saying that lead prices will be going up by £2 ,
laughable as they arnt real leads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
I am only telling you what I have seen. I...
Replies
Views
Hope with your case you reported it to trading...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes it's puzzling why only one company...
Replies
Views
Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
Back