Anyone keep van stock boiler spare's | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Anyone keep van stock boiler spare's in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cwrplumbing

Hi guys the title says it all really =)

What if any, boiler breakdown spares do you keep on your van, I know it depends on what boilers are in your area. I just want to know as I might try and put a van stock together.

Pumps,thermisters,fans,air pressure switches etc etc ?????

Is there multifit parts that will fit different manufacture's too ??????

Cheers.

When I started (oil in my case) boilers I toddled off to my local merchants and asked for advice with this. They sold me a few nozzles and flexible oil lines as these are fitted at each service and a fire valve.

It's taken a year to sell the fire valve and I've still got a few of the original nozzles. As for pumps, solenoids, etc I wait until they need ordering and tend to keep a few nozzles and oil lines.

If you were a mobile car mechanic I think it would be similar as there are as many car makes as there are boilers. You'd carry a few generic spark plugs and one or two oil filters but for most other parts you'd wait until they needed ordering.

Keep mainly one type of oil line (I get 1/4" bent male swivel to 1/4" female swivel) and the following fittings

10mm to 1/4" male
10mm to 1/4" female
1/4"m to 1/4" hose union
1/4"m to 3/8" hose union
3/8"m to 1/4" hose union
10mm straight connectors
10mm elbow connectors
shut off valve with 3/8" female connections
Tin of Stag paste
PTFE

I usuall get my gear from Heating World of Spares and if you look at their oil line fittings I would keep a selection of each.

The most common nozzles I use are are

0.50 80EH
0.55 80EH
0.65 80EH
0.75 80EH
0.85 60EH
0.85 80EH
1.00 80EH

Nozzles over 1.00 are mainly for bigger boilers and I would wait until you get asked for a service. I made the mistake of buying a selection of nozzles up to 5.00 and 6.00 USGall/h but I only have 5 boilers of this size on my rounds.

Plus an assortment of other bent and straight connectors. Most oil pumps will take a 1/4" male swivel.

The other parts I would carry are a set of bearings for Riello and Bentone motors (6202 2RS)- cheap parts and can be a pain to get quickly.

Keep one remote fire valve - get the 65 degrees 3m capillary. The 1.5m is often too short and you can always coil up any spare length in the boiler casing.

Another tip is to make all your customers flexi oil lines the same and make a note of it so it's easier when you come back.

Hang onto spares and second hand kit from scrapped boilers. Such items are invaluable to get a customer's boiler going again whereas you would be waiting for ordered parts to arrive.

You'll find most plumbers keep every part in for their specific top selling boilers, there-fore not needed to keep parts on the van, the typical stuff i keep on is universal thermocouples. Everything is else is order only.

thats what we do kip,
a few thermo's and fetch the rest on the hour rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
All gas in Wakefield, AK Gas supplies in Leeds...
Replies
Views
E
It sounds like that needs to be sealed from...
Replies
Views
The radiator heating temperature for a...
Replies
Views
WPJ Plumbing
W
J
A gas engineer with respect and quality will...
Replies
Views
Mark Butler
M
Back