Anyone know much about anti-vac traps? | Plumbers Arms | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Deleted member 120897
  • Start date
  • Replies 5
  • Views 72
  • Tags
    None

Discuss Anyone know much about anti-vac traps? in the Plumbers Arms area at Plumbers Forums

D

Deleted member 120897

So I thought I had a blockage in the whb as water was slow to drain, so used a cleaning brush down the plug hole earlier and no water would go down at all! Scooped all the water out and proceeded with normal unblocking methods to no avail. Although plunger was giving no resistance. Removed trap, snaked waste, put back together blocked straight away! Thought I would loosen the anti-vac part a little and the best it has ever flowed. Any thoughts please as I’ve only ever dealt with p-traps.

Where did the basin exit / drain to a gully ?

It's partially / fully blocked downstream of the trap.
The anti vac, which normally allows air in, is allowing the air trapped between the blockage and the plug of water out, letting the water drop down to the blockage.
Run enough water down and the flow will overcome what the blcokage will allow through.

It's partially / fully blocked downstream of the trap.
The anti vac, which normally allows air in, is allowing the air trapped between the blockage and the plug of water out, letting the water drop down to the blockage.
Run enough water down and the flow will overcome what the blcokage will allow through.
So it can’t be a faulty anti vac part of the trap? Has copious amounts of water down now, it’s not a long run and no blockages as yet now.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I would tend to agree with snowhead the...
Replies
Views
C
most spanish baths have no legs and sit on the...
Replies
Views
Back