Anyone know the name of this waste pipe? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Anyone know the name of this waste pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jayjay89

Anyone know the name of this waste pipe, and where i can buy it. thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1634.jpg
    IMG_1634.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 109
It's a funny size & comes with the sink normally... Why do you need it?

I would imagine it came with attachments for dishwasher/washing machine etc as it has extra ports but they probably got thrown away after installation!

You could try searching for attachment if you found out the make, what's that little sticker say?

I fitted this pap on a new build few months ago came with the sink/sink waste kit if i recall .

Franke sinks normally come with those. Odd size and an odd material.

You can buy individual spigots, but iv bought them before & they don't fit the inserts on that kinda pipe which is a real pain! I ended up fitting a new mcalpine twin sink waste kit & redoing all of it!

can't quite make the name on the sticker out, its a picture a customer sent me, but I've never seen parts in the merchant. and i can't think of anything that will link onto it. new builds :((

If there's enough 1 1/2 then just fit a tee & spigot or washing machine upstanding

Try a kitchen merchant like Howdens, B & Q etc, they may have a spare kit lying around, or as said just replumb with a McCalpine kit

Ikea, used to have that.
I've got it on my own sinks.

They have this now;

[DLMURL]http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40215522/[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ikea, used to have that.
I've got it on my own sinks.

They have this now;

[DLMURL="http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40215522/"]ATLANT Strainer/water-trap f dbl bowl sink - IKEA[/DLMURL]

Looks like a nightmare to unblock

Last edited by a moderator:
Never been asked to name a waste pipe before, have four kids who I helped name but it defo looks like a 'George' to me.

Hi the easy way around this awful pipework is to buy a mcalpine T12a-F spigot You can google it. This fits over the European sized waste that the sink came with.
All you need to do is then fit a mcalpine WM2 trap an adjust the pipework accordingly
WM2 has one spigot or WM11 two spigots for dishwasher and washing machine
Good luck

The picture in the OP is definitely Franke sink waste fitting. I might have some of the spigots for it, as I kept spare bits. A Franke agent will have anything for them. Local place here that does Franke to the trade only, has all parts for sinks & not expensive.
I actually think those waste fittings & pipes are good quality, if a bit complicated. They never give any bother if fitted correctly.
The whole point of that waste arrangement is to have the manifold & trap to the rear of the inside of sink unit to give plenty of usable space. I think that is great and only problem I find, as with other sinks, is if the original waste was drilled through wall to outside & too high. Then 2 McAlpine traps sometimes easiest way to avoid drilling new hole & patching old one in wall

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Best thing to do first is to read the relevant...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You need a mcalpine V33WM, the site won't let...
Replies
Views
  • Question
We hired a plumber who made a join. All sorted.
Replies
Views
10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
Back