anyone no about ideal logic 35 he boilers | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss anyone no about ideal logic 35 he boilers in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jimbo

l was looking 4 a new boiler and the ideal has 5yeargt are they any good:confused:

no get a baxi,or Worcester,or vailent,or remaha avoid ideal

Hmmmm , they seem to be good value, they must be an improvement on the Isar/Icos, alot of the guys i know who have fitted them have no complaints, theyve not been out long enough for my liking yet, If you want a 5yr garentee Get a Viessmann, Broag Remeha,Vaillant. (installed by aproved intaller for 5yr garentee) for the extra £350 Id get a better boiler.

l was looking 4 a new boiler and the ideal has 5yeargt are they any good:confused:

Jimbo, i fitted the logic + 35 in my own house just two weeks ago (converted from open vent system) and I can tell you this, the performance is stunning especially the DHW which gives piping hot water and an unbelievable flow rate.
You will find many people who will say do not go near ideal boilers but they are saying that based on the Isar which was a dreadful boiler without doubt. I thought long and hard about it before choosing the logic over a Worcester Bosch. I even had a factory tour at the ideal factory in Hull and it was really impressive.
I think the Logic has been out for just over a year now so it is early days but I know plenty of people who have fitted them and none have had problems so far.

Finally, just remember it's the Logic + that has a five year warrenty, the basic Logic has just 2 years.

Did you know there is a manufacturer that gives a 25 year warranty on their boiler? Found this out from another installer on a course a few weeks back. I did write down the manufacturers name but it's in my van. Another installer here may know it?

Anyway as long as the boiler is installed and maintained by of their registered engineers, apparantly it's warranty runs for 25 years. Including many of the parts. The guy said they're a bit more expensive but good quality. We where having that 'what do you install chat'. Seemed to know his onions. I was interested as becoming one of their registered installers is just a case of attending their manufacturers course. So I was interested in offering it to clients. Haven't got round to looking into it yet.

Last edited:
Id hate to read the small print on a 25 year warranty, are you sure someone was tugging you plonker old son, 10 years on a heat exchanger is one thing 25 on a boiler!!!!!!!!! pigs will fly

Yeah, it does sound too good to be true, but this guy was a very serious chap. He was chatting to a few of us, so if he was talking tripe he's weird!! I believe what he was saying but as you say, the small print will be interesting. I'll try and dig out the bit of scrap paper I wrote down the name on!

Think it was a German company. Anyway like I say, he was not the joking type, so either he made a mistake or it does exist. I'll update tomorrow, with the name. Just had a look through my data base of manuals to see if any of the names ring a bell but no luck!

thanks mate yes all the parts are now a rated on the plus l brought qne 2day

I fit Ideal Logics. Fitted 25+ Never had a prob. Plus the 5yr warranty is a bonus. My opinion they are a great boiler. I'll be fitting one in my house when my Alpha eventually packs in. (alpha was in house when we moved in)

l posted 4 weeks ago listened to good the bad and the ugly l decided that u chaps who have fited 50 plus and in your case 25 on what they are saying a boilers a boiler like a car good and bad no matter who makes them .good new had it 4 week seems a good unit so far cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Lou, It's been the same since 19th May...
Replies
Views
Is your boiler the 'Ideal Logic Heat 12' (i.e...
Replies
Views
Nothing you can check yourself as it states in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Thanks to @ShaunCorbs and @cjg for the helpful...
Replies
Views
Sounds odd indeed. Under warranty?
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back