Anyone put an age on this flush valve? | Plumbers Arms | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Anyone put an age on this flush valve? in the Plumbers Arms area at Plumbers Forums

Neil T

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Got called out to a leak on a low level cistern and found this beauty 😲

Attachments

• 20210415_103441.jpg
    20210415_103441.jpg
    450.6 KB · Views: 33
I've found pictures of Shires and Twyford ceramic flush but the tops are very similar in shape to the later plastic ones not U shaped like this one and they have their makers names facing up.

Last edited:
Bit of gap in responding but, yes the internals were brass and it didn't have any markings anywhere on it.
I am talking past tense cos as I was checking it over I dropped the fker 🤦‍♂️
Been working for 80 odd years then I come along and end it's sorry life. No need to ask if there's a museum or such dedicated to crappers anymore 🤷‍♂️

OOPs.
If it's any consolation when I was searching I remember references to them possible still being fitted in the 60's, so yours may not have been too old.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello! I was checking something in the toilet...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The Caravan site may well have had direct...
Replies
Views
Nope slightly misaligned electrode and to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If you mean the screw fitting that holds the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You might check whether the flush button is...
Replies
Views
Back