Anyone seen the new Worcester Cdi Compact/LXI or Ideal Vogue yet? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Anyone seen the new Worcester Cdi Compact/LXI or Ideal Vogue yet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Stafford

I understand that Worcester have a new boiler out in the new year - it will be called the Cdi Compact, although the original development model had the working title "LXi".

I believe that some Approved Installers had some to test, and presumably there have been some in the training centres.

Have any members seen/worked on them?

Also there is a new Ideal out at the same time - the Vogue. The Logic + will drop back to 5 years warranty and the Vogue will have 7 years.

Again - anyone had any sneak previews?

Ray

Haven't seen the vogue but been told it has a giannoni stainless steel hex but other than that will be very similar to the logic .

I have just been told by Ideal that the Vogue will be exclusive to Plumb Centre and PTS for the first quarter of 2013. It seems that they haven't scheduled enough production to meet demand.

It would have been better if they had told me that before sending us all the marketing material, and before we had dedicated a half page of our new price book to it. Pram overturned, toys everywhere. Recall proof from printer, and rework that page. I HATE boiler manufacturers.

Rant over. Breathe Ray, breathe...

the worcester compact is a nice looking boiler, newly design'd box HX, no sand in the condense trap ive been told. theres an installers display which tells you almost all your commissioning data like temps, flow rate etc..... and its designed to fit a kitchen cupboard so will help worcester push into new build market abit more. Also it can be wired without taking the case off so your sparks dont need to be Gas Safe.

ive been told theres no future plans to revamp the junior and si, and the compact or a simular design may replace them in the future........ i think that will depend on sales.

only time will tell how good it is, but im guessing it will sell very well.

Thanks AW.

The Worcester man mentioned to me that it had more metal and less plastic in it. Can you confirm that, or is he just bluffing?

Thanks AW.

The Worcester man mentioned to me that it had more metal and less plastic in it. Can you confirm that, or is he just bluffing?

Google CDi-Revolution Video on youtube of insides, including new WB7 heat exchanger

That might shut all the haters up for a couple of minutes :wink_smile:

Doubt it, plastic or no plastic, they'll still make it almost impossible to remove without dismantling the rest of the boiler.

Worcester rep told me they were doing away with the Junior, the Si was taking it's place as the Junior doesn't have hot water temp control so they are losing business in the low end stuff because of it, the DI will still be the flagship model and this new boiler is supposed to slot in between the 2 taking the old place of the Si.

So I am told of course.

Yep more metal less plastic, condensate heated of plate heat ex, loads of great features.....

I understand that Worcester have a new boiler out in the new year - it will be called the Cdi Compact, although the original development model had the working title "LXi".

I believe that some Approved Installers had some to test, and presumably there have been some in the training centres.

Have any members seen/worked on them?

Also there is a new Ideal out at the same time - the Vogue. The Logic + will drop back to 5 years warranty and the Vogue will have 7 years.

Again - anyone had any sneak previews?

Ray

Regards the Vouge Ray....it a Vaillant, same heat ex, same dials even on the front, not surprising really why? Ideal poached 2 or 3 top Valliant top tech bods / R+D bods, seen pictures of insides, you will be blown away, if you think the Logic plus is good and easy to work on wait until you see this, think Vailaant 831 with an ideal bage on it, and hopefully ideal money
Combis will be 26,32,40 KW with 4 system boilers also....and i am a Worcester boy, bot this looks good i have to say!

From that video, couple of points

CDi Revolution - CDi Revolution - Worcester, Bosch Group

-Still looks like a fair chunk of plastic in there ;)
-I don't like expansion vessels to the rear of boilers they are a pain to replace
-New heat exchanger looks like it will be as/more difficult as the current one (cdi excluded)
-plate (and hopefully relief valve) look easier to access for replacement.
-gas valve looks to be in an aqward position

can't believe they will keep 3 differant heat exchangers in production though.

I'm sure they will sell loads and we'll all get used to them in due course and will be able to make our own minds up then.

But will you be able to work on it without the need for a box of plasters?

Thanks AW.

yes in relation to the build of the boiler case. Although the jigs for the si and junior (same) have been improved alot recently with the removal of alot of plastic. Shame they only changed the front clasp on the cdi and not the si/junior.

if you watch the video you can see the way the heat ex parts are welded/fixed together. Its milled by machine that moves so fast it melts the two surfaces together, when you look at the heat ex you can see the circles.

Ideal poached 2 or 3 top Valliant top tech bods / R+D bods,

They also poached almost all the senior management from Vaillant as well. Talking to Ideal these days is like old home week at Vaillant HQ.

The funny thing is that Vaillant market share is holding up fine - its BDR Thermea that are taking a pasting from Ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

No, decided to go for Viessmann Vitodens 100-W...
Replies
Views
Need to get someone out to calc what your...
Replies
Views
It should monulate down to a low kw
Replies
Views
Unfortunately most household insurance...
Replies
Views
I also thought it was 10:1, for the 4000 and...
Replies
Views
Back