Anyone work for corgi homeplan? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Anyone work for corgi homeplan? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Aye, there were a pita, constant haggling of breakdown price. Had to prove what you paid for the material and then they phoned me and said someone would do the services for £25!
Ok goodbye was my reply

Aye, there were a pita, constant haggling of breakdown price. Had to prove what you paid for the material and then they phoned me and said someone would do the services for £25!
Ok goodbye was my reply

I'd rather eat my own turd than do services for £25, thank god CORGI no longer control things, they lost it when money became more important than the rules.

Yes I did some work for them for awhile, OK at first [aren't they all] then started querying amount of time spent on job, wanting to know where I got materials from, why couldn't I get them cheaper ! why were some jobs taking longer than what they thought they should ! wanting copies of invoices, Had some strong words with some guy on phone, [the I know & have done everything type of chap]. Suspended me has my average time per job was more than they allow, Remember you only get paid for time on job all other running about is at your expense , not to bad if you live in city, no-good if out in sticks, My last words to them was to shove it,
See CORGI now involved with selling & installing Bathrooms

Yes, I work for them.....or atleast I did as they've stopped sending me work the last two months with no explanation ! Not really the end of the world for me but their payments have been a nice little top up for me to be fair.
Though my experience was the same as others in that they did start pestering for scans of parts invoices etc......again, not the end of the world and can hardly blame them as i'm sure some must take the p#ss !

Despite the name they are nothing whatsoever to do with the Corgi we used to know......they just managed to get hold of the name somehow !

Last edited:
Yes, I work for them.....or atleast I did as they've stopped sending me work the last two months with no explanation ! Not really the end of the world for me but their payments have been a nice little top up for me to be fair.
Though my experience was the same as others in that they did start pestering for scans of parts invoices etc......again, not the end of the world and can hardly blame them as i'm sure some must take the p#ss !

Despite the name they are nothing whatsoever to do with the Corgi we used to know......they just managed to get hold of the name somehow !

Proberly find that someone else is covering your area but doing it cheaper, I did ask them If they are so concerned about the cost of parts then why not open there own account and negotiate there own discounts

Constantly ask you for proof of purchase on parts you use.

That means you have to look out an invoice and scan it across which is time consuming and annoying when you are already working on a rubbish hourly rate.

If you take to long they say they won't pay over a certain amount of hours. So you could be stuck somewhere for 5 hours and they only allow 2.

If you attend a job and replace a part and then the customer has a totally unrelated issue occur within 3 weeks they class it as a call back. They then won't pay any additional labour costs only parts (with proof).
You can phone them to dispute it was an unrelated fault to the first call and be on hold over 15 mins sometimes. It's a massive headache to work for them. I did it for a little while but it's much easier and less stressful to make money elsewhere.

I do find them ok, have been with them 18 months, will now and again ask for a copy of parts prices, but found them ok, i'm running £10 over national average but they never query it and also pay me extra hours travel time if i go out of my area if i request it..(this is why i'm over the average), found them brilliant payers and pretty mush hassle free, also get plenty of work off them plus you know what boiler it is b4 you go so if its a dud you can reject the call out.
phone staff always helpful.

I do find them ok, have been with them 18 months, will now and again ask for a copy of parts prices, but found them ok, i'm running £10 over national average but they never query it and also pay me extra hours travel time if i go out of my area if i request it..(this is why i'm over the average), found them brilliant payers and pretty mush hassle free, also get plenty of work off them plus you know what boiler it is b4 you go so if its a dud you can reject the call out.
phone staff always helpful.

Are you there PR man ? found girls ok, its when you get a problem and ask to speak to someone above call enter staff , its easer to speak to the Pope, they want everything by email, When I managed to eventually speak to there Tec guy I found him to be unhelpful & Proberly to most arrogant person I have dealt with in quite a number of years

No not there PR man, (could be though if they pay me ) just a satisfied worker for them , i suppose if i needed to talk to someone higher up i might well agree with you, but just tellin the man that personally i don't get a problem with them and i'm a happy camper.

No not there PR man, (could be though if they pay me ) just a satisfied worker for them , i suppose if i needed to talk to someone higher up i might well agree with you, but just tellin the man that personally i don't get a problem with them and i'm a happy camper.
Great that's its working out for you ! do you work city area or country side ? as that makes a difference

well its around sidmouth,otttery,exmouth bit in exeter been out as far as chard but they paid me 2hrs travel time. so its a bit of both

You must be lucky, or the only one in the area, used to ask me to go to Exeter, Torquay , down to Bodmin/St Austell and refused to cover costs, reason that it was my area because it had a PL post code, asked them if hey realised how large the PL area was, other problem was lack of parts outlets

bugger that, can see why you gave it up, long way to go to bodmin with no extra hours mileage, its a bit like EX postcode goes up to barnstable, if they don't offer the mileage on the call out it gets rejected, if they cant get anybody i usually get a call from them asking can i go if i get mileage, they are always fare like that to me anyway,

bugger that, can see why you gave it up, long way to go to bodmin with no extra hours mileage, its a bit like EX postcode goes up to barnstable, if they don't offer the mileage on the call out it gets rejected, if they cant get anybody i usually get a call from them asking can i go if i get mileage, they are always fare like that to me anyway,

As long as your harpy, see what happens when they sign up someone that will undercut your rates ! no loyalty to contractors

They started off well but now pester for copies of receipts, query part costs. I seem to spend more time doing paperwork than working. Same as everyother insurance company really. They are there to make a profit so want everything as cheap as possible including labour

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I've just started out studying NVQ...
Replies
Views
Well that's an eye opener folks. The old...
Replies
Views
It could be numerous things, including a flow...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently fitted a new central heating...
Replies
Views
Yea basically just tof and make safe
Replies
Views
Back