anyone worked on many heatline products before... | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss anyone worked on many heatline products before... in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I have the below instantaneous water heater which is showing an f5 fault. I cannot find installation instructions for it any where and client doesn't have. So called glowworm who say they cannot help either. Said part's are not available for it anymore. So any ideas guys?

20140113_111831.jpg

I have the below instantaneous water heater which is showing an f5 fault. I cannot find installation instructions for it any where and client doesn't have. So called glowworm who say they cannot help either. Said part's are not available for it anymore. So any ideas guys?

View attachment 16719

f5 is air pressure sensing failure on these models. check flue, fan and aps.

Last edited:
So I was back there today and did all checks. Flue clear, fan coil ok and aps beeps when gently sucking on hose. But, when I open the tap I do not get live on wire from pcb to fan. So does this mean it's the pcb?

20140114_135314.jpg20140114_133855.jpg20140114_134356.jpg

does the aps actually work when the fan is running is more important as it could be either weak fan not activating aps or duff aps, only my little thought, done sucking on aps hoses as I hadnt turned off the gas once on an old ideal with a duff fan, big bang, lots of nervous custards and nil eyebrows, you dont do that more than once!

Does the aps have 3 electrical connections? If so it has to prove its closed before it will operate the fan. Could be a flow switch not making so not sending the right signal to fire the fan up?

by the sounds of what your saying i would edge towards pcb if not getting 240v at fan and your saying aps is fine. let us know what you decide on and how it turns out. Good luck and sorry cant offer anymore advice.

Apparently they don't produce parts for this heater any more. So am wondering if I should get heatline in to do a 1 off repair for a fixed price? Or, do you know where I could get parts? You have been more than helpful feller. It's muchly appreciated

Similar plumbing topics

There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Just browsing the threads and this one here //...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
There were issues with failing heat exchangers...
Replies
Views
im going for another cracked hx.
Replies
Views
Back