Apparently only 32% of homes have a condensing boiler heating & Plumbing Monthly | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Apparently only 32% of homes have a condensing boiler heating & Plumbing Monthly in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

julesverne

just starting to read this months copy that came today and was surprised to read this on page 6.
it goes the managing director at ravenheat says we need more realistic pricing of boilers.

to be honest i laughed i dont think the price of most boilers are that expensive. it's when you get the likes of BG that want to charge £3500 plus for a boiler and then only offer their 1 year homecare that's what puts people off when to be honest most installers could beat them by 50% and still make 400 500 quid for a days work for the same boiler with a longer warranty
but because they nearly died from shock of bg's quote i bet most put up with they've got because they think it wont be cost effective.

still that said i thought it would be at least nearer 50% i think Gas man hasn't been wielding his axe to all them Isars thats why the figure is so low.:hammer:

Not taken into that figure is the amount of ****e condensing boilers, that have ben ripped out, and replaced with new.
This year alone, I have pulled out 2 heatline solaris', 4 isars and 2 icos, and 2 alphas. All beyond economical repair.

thats a good point i ve taken out 2 syntesi's this year both absolutely knacked.

"Apparently only 32% of homes have a condensing boiler heating"

Apparently frys turkish delights are 97% fat free:smile:

This thread raises another issue.....out of the 32% of homes with a condensing boiler, how many actually condense efficiently? lets be honest here if the custard wants a swap and won't shell out for new rads the choice becomes one of leaving the balancing as it is which Will mean inefficient condensing as return temp Will be too hot or rebalance rads as you should which seriously reduces heat output of rads which no custard wants unless the rads were already oversized.....

Just sayin

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There's nothing wrong with external boilers...
Replies
Views
Pm op if your interested if you not don’t post
Replies
Views
D
Ok maybe that's not 100% accurate but at 50...
Replies
Views
Back