Apprenticeship Portfolio | Plumbing Courses | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Apprenticeship Portfolio in the Plumbing Courses area at Plumbers Forums

About to complete my plumbing and heating apprenticeship. Portfolio complete and signed by employer who has grandfather rights in plumbing but is gas safe registered. Tutor now informs me that my employer may not be qualified to sign off on my plumbing section of my portfolio.

He hasn't got NVQ's (and possibly no other plumbing qualifications) but has history / evidence of working in the trade.
I see. So like a man who had HGV in the distant past or a man who has 7.5 tonne on the license from many moons ago. Just kind of given to everyone in their day.

He probably knows a lot but isn't qualified fully then. Shame really. There are a great many who are very qualified who haven't got a clue what they're doing and make a mess all over creation.

That's the annoying thing L-P, the qualified ones who haven't got a clue would be classed a suitable to sign off the portfolio.
Gas Safe no longer recognise my C&G certificates so won't let me sign off G3 stuff. So after 36 years of industrial, commercial and domestic hot water systems, I am now not recognised by them as competent unless I pay for a course. LOL. Boy wonder however, who does the day course is the mutts nuts.
You couldn't write it. Whoever makes these decisions must be numb.

Similar plumbing topics

Wow thanks for posting. And thanks for posting...
Replies
Views
Hi sir i don't suggest you go out on your own...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am currently in the forces...
Replies
Views
Try contacting EAL (the awarding body) direct...
Replies
Views
Back