Aqualisa Aquastream - repair or replace? | Air Sourced Heat Pumps | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Aqualisa Aquastream - repair or replace? in the Air Sourced Heat Pumps area at Plumbers Forums

During my shower yesterday the pump stopped working. The Aqualisa Aquastream was installed approximately 10 years ago and has been very reliable until now and has been a great shower. I changed the 3 amp fuse in the switched socket in the airing cupboard and the fuse is not the problem. Should I be looking at replacing this with a new one, either like for like or something similar, or would a plumber first investigate repairing the shower unit. To replace it with a new Aquastream it looks like it will cost around 500 pounds plus fitting, but I wasn't sure whether repairs are sometimes viable or is it at the end of useful life? I am not sure whether to arrange a plumber visit to investigate/repair, or ask for plumber estimate to fit new unit. If replacement advised are there any similar products I should consider? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

depends what's broke if it is the pump you are looking at about £130 to £150 for the part so would be half the price of a new one plus fitting costs. may be worth repairing plumber will look and advise best method.

gives you some idea of spares

Usually you open the shower up and there is black dust everywhere from the carbon brushes, I don’t think they’re replaceable- so I have often fitted a new pump assembly and the shower is good to go.
If it’s more than that , then replace the whole unit - you’ll get a new shower hose and head too.
The pipework is unusual on these so it is far better to replace like for like, a good little unit anyway.

Usually you open the shower up and there is black dust everywhere from the carbon brushes, I don’t think they’re replaceable- so I have often fitted a new pump assembly and the shower is good to go.
If it’s more than that , then replace the whole unit - you’ll get a new shower hose and head too.
The pipework is unusual on these so it is far better to replace like for like, a good little unit anyway.
They are replaceable, about ten pounds, ebay

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Much easier than that is to replace your bath...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Dang, seems like point to point heat pump swap...
Replies
Views
A
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ah, thanks - I'd assumed it £260 just to look...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks, will look for their single hole...
Replies
Views
Back