Aqualisa digital exposed with adj. head | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Aqualisa digital exposed with adj. head in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nebby

Hi all new here,

I have a open vented 3 port valve system.

Old shower was hot & cold feed low voltage only running 2.5mm cable.

cwsc is sitting directly on the joists in loft because of low pitch roof.
Cold feed was taken from the bottom of the cwsc.
Hot feed taken from vent pipe level with bottom of cwsc.
Both are in 15mm pipe.

Basically can i mount the aqualisa processor above the position of where the shower unit will be fitted in the bathroom, level with the bottom of the cwsc sitting on the joists and do i need to change the 15mm feeds to 22mm.

In the instructions it states " All pipe work should be run in 15mm pipe.All pipe work should be supported.For externally pumped gravity fed installations, 22mm pipe work should be run as close to the processor as possible before reducing down to 15mm.

What does "externally pumped" mean, looking at the diagrams it is another pump of some description which then feeds the processor so i take i do not need 22m pipe.

Thanks Neb

The feeds to the processor can be 15mm no problem. The hot feed should be tee'd off just above the hot cylinder.

I take it you mean just above the 450 mm draw off from the hot water tank, because the old connection is like i say level with the base of the cwsc in the loft which is directly above the hot tank, can i run a 15mm from just above the draw off.

What do you think will happen if i leave it where it is.

If you leave it where it is you will get a lot of air drawn into the processor/shower.
By 450 draw off do you mean the horizontal pipework immediately at the top of the cylinder ? If so then you can tee in just above that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Alpha 2/3 manual. Shows variant with air...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have two rads upstairs connected exactly the...
Replies
Views
I only open the F&E tank filling valve every...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Point out to them that when a hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Right , Ive had a chance over Xmas to look at...
Replies
Views
Back