Aqualisa quartz on gravity system. Some advice please | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Aqualisa quartz on gravity system. Some advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi

providing a a quote for a new aqualisa digital shower I have a few questions and hoping someone can help.

current shower is an old aqualisa with a single impeller pump.

Cold from tank, hot from cylinder. I know the cold needs to be a new addition on the cwst.

do I need a pump? I think I do and it needs to be twin impeller? So cold from cwst, to pump then up to processor, and same with the hot? Then out of processor to shower?

there is a spur in the airing cupboard for the current pump so I can reuse that for new pump.

Do these showers need rcd? all i can find about electrics is 240 up to the processor.

really just want someone to read through this and see if it sounds right, the work itself is easy but I want to make sure it's right. :)

Or does the processor act as a pump?

Do I need to fit a surrey flange?

Processor has a pump inside, so cold from tank, hot from cylinder making sure it goes down then up from the horizontal hot, electric spur in roof ....job done...

With the aquarist you chose pumped or non pumped ( used on unvented) would put it on a Surrey flange and normally a spur with 3 amp fuse

Processor has a pump inside, so cold from tank, hot from cylinder making sure it goes down then up from the horizontal hot, electric spur in roof ....job done...

Sorry, that's confused me.

Cold from tank can go straight to processor

Same with hot? Off cylinder to processor, both mix then to shower?

No need for a twin impeller pump?

Processor(box) has two inlets one outlet so hot n cold in, mixes in box, out to shower.. Exposed one is really easy, you get a push fit elbow that goes on the pipe that's inside the the shower rail......when you see it it becomes easier to understand...

Processor(box) has two inlets one outlet so hot n cold in, mixes in box, out to shower.. Exposed one is really easy, you get a push fit elbow that goes on the pipe that's inside the the shower rail......when you see it it becomes easier to understand...

I think I understand. So hot can go straight to processer same as the cold then single outlet to shower.

I think the customer has ordered a a quartz suitable for mains so I will call them in the morning and tell them I need to get one for gravity.

You've got it, I put a compression t on the horizontal hot out of the cylinder, facing down then a small bend back upwards, something aqualisa like for some reason..

You've got it, I put a compression t on the horizontal hot out of the cylinder, facing down then a small bend back upwards, something aqualisa like for some reason..

Thanks for the tip. Should I stick a flange on also?

So no pump needed, use current spur for the power?

Personally I don't bother with a flange but you can if you wish & yeah use the spur...is the shower an exposed or concealed one....either way there dead easy

I find the data cable on the exposed one the only fiddly bit when your feeding it though the hole that the shower rail goes in...

Personally I don't bother with a flange but you can if you wish & yeah use the spur...is the shower an exposed or concealed one....either way there dead easy

I think I'm going to suggested the exposed one, at the moment they have a hole smashed in the bathroom wall with the pipes going to the concealed assembly, whatever is going yo cause me the least making good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I used wd40’s silicone spray version
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all I am having the same issue with my...
Replies
Views
Sam_FD
S
Everything working fine on PP mode - thanks...
Replies
Views
  • Question
So not to be that person who does not come...
Replies
Views
Very informative...........thx🙄
Replies
Views
Back