Aqualisa Quartz shower - reduce pressure and mild splutters | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Aqualisa Quartz shower - reduce pressure and mild splutters in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

We have an Aqualisa Quartz shower that was installed three years ago. Recently, the pressure seems to be lower than it used to be, and you can almost feel it starting to splutter. We descaled the shower head and have also followed advice on the Aqualisa FAQs to run the shower cold and gradually increase the temperature to clear any trapped air, but this has not made a difference. Does anyone know what this could be? Do Aqualisas need new cartridges every few years? Would be grateful for thoughts and advice!

Unfortunately aqualisa use the same name for two totally different products.

Is your quartz an electric shower? If so it has no ‘cartridge’ - the low flow is either due to a build up of limescale inside the heating canister, or a kinked hose or blocked head(but you have descaled this). Also don’t forget that in winter with colder incoming mains these showers drop off in performance.

Upvote 0
Hi all

I am having the same issue with my Aqualisa Quartz electric shower too.

@Mike F London - have you also noticed that when you turn the shower off, it switches off immediately now, rather than running for an extra few seconds like it did beforehand? Mine is doing that.

Have you found a solution?

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Could you post a picture of the shower trap...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Any other TMVs on the system? Are check valves...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I think it is the other way round Shaun the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You are confusing pressure and flow. Your...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Really appreciate all the detail. Yes...
Replies
Views
Back