Aqualisa Thermostatic Shower Dilema | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Aqualisa Thermostatic Shower Dilema in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Bought an Aqualisa thermostatic shower in the Black Friday sales last year. I only started yesterday to rip out the en-suite.

The en-suite had a electric shower with a 15mm cold water feed, but the hot water supply is a 10mm plastic pipe feeding the basin.

Do you think I can “t” off the 10mm hot water feed to supply the shower also???

I can rig it up to test at some point but any advice appreciated.

The system in HP Combi - flow rate 15l/m. at 35°C.

I wouldn't connect to 10mm you will need to find the pipework which supplies the 10mm and is a larger size
Right the only option I have is the only pipe run I can manage for the hot water feed at the moment is from a 15mm pipe in the kitchen, take it up a soil vent pipe (6mtrs up) and along the loft into the en-suite… 11mtr pipe run in total. I ran the hot water tap for a minute to fill a basin and I am getting 8lts/min from it. Will this be sufficient enough for the hot feed to the shower.

I will at a later date be getting a garage conversion that will give me access to the pipe nearer the boiler to run a new pipe but it’s still a bit of a run, maybe 7-8 Mtrs with more bends.

Upvote 0
10mm hot will be fine most newbuilds are 10mm to everything

Would reduce the 15mm down to 10mm also so they would roughly match flow rates then use a 10x15mm elbow

Upvote 0
Right the only option I have is the only pipe run I can manage for the hot water feed at the moment is from a 15mm pipe in the kitchen, take it up a soil vent pipe (6mtrs up) and along the loft into the en-suite… 11mtr pipe run in total. I ran the hot water tap for a minute to fill a basin and I am getting 8lts/min from it. Will this be sufficient enough for the hot feed to the shower.

I will at a later date be getting a garage conversion that will give me access to the pipe nearer the boiler to run a new pipe but it’s still a bit of a run, maybe 7-8 Mtrs with more bends.
That's what I would do then . Kop

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I would advise stickng to the manufacturers...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hot and cold crossed somewhere? Or would this...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
Installing a booster may be the best option...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for this, really helpful. I was...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You could use these below. It will depend how...
Replies
Views
Back