AR Boiler, 1 week old! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss AR Boiler, 1 week old! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

GasmanxxxR1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Called out to fit a cooker in a new kitchen, noticed straight away they had a new 30kw hxi, looking for the gas pipe i noticed it was all in 15mm, about 15M in total!

So decided to check inlet pressure 9mb!!!!:eek:mg_smile:

Loads of other installation faults including overflow condense pipe running uphill outside, plume kit not clipped, flue not screwed, waterleaks on pipe work etc etc etc

My question is do i have to riddor the guy?

Customer is very hacked off with him but wants to give him a chance to put it right before she pays me to do it

Cheers guys

Could take it two ways ring him up and point his flaws or just report him as god knows what he"s leaving elsewhere

call him and explain , if he start giving it large then tell him that you are doing him a favour if he does not get back to job MOnday morning at 7;45am you are filling the RIDDOR report !

I have done it twice , 1st one I reported
second one did WANT put everything correct , but customer would not have him back

the customer is bonkers if she lets him back into the house. He will probably put a grundfos on the 15mm to boost the pressures. :)

The whole job was digusting workmanship, new boiler was three meters along the same wall so he just bent a load of 22mm plastic behind the kitchen units and connected onto old pipe work, he had 3 leaks on his new soldered pipework that he had wrapped ptfe tape around

Hope its no one on the forum, i feel bad for the fella, crazy i know

He is, i checked his number on the website, when i googled him he had a lot of bad reviews. Seems like he is leaving a lot of customers in the lurch

Then RIDDOR him for his own good. It may prompt him to get himself some refresher training and an attitude change...

PS with all this going on i didnt connect the cooker, going back next week to do it!

Personally I have no sympathy for anyone who shows such disregard for their customers safety! I'd be talking it over with Gas Safe, see what they recommend. If they've got such a bad reputation they'll continue doing the same unless the powers that be get wind of them... IMHO

Sounds like he's either bitten off more then he can chew or he just doesn't care!

Personally I have no sympathy for anyone who shows such disregard for their customers safety! I'd be talking it over with Gas Safe, see what they recommend. If they've got such a bad reputation they'll continue doing the same unless the powers that be get wind of them... IMHO

Having had a similar situation not long ago I know gassafe wont do anything unless the customer reports it gassafe herself, which i have advised her to do

Having had a similar situation not long ago I know gassafe wont do anything unless the customer reports it gassafe herself, which i have advised her to do

Been there too mate! Has to be the customer who asks for a visit from gas safe .. I wonder if they registered the install? :)

The whole job was digusting workmanship, new boiler was three meters along the same wall so he just bent a load of 22mm plastic behind the kitchen units and connected onto old pipe work, he had 3 leaks on his new soldered pipework that he had wrapped ptfe tape around

Hope its no one on the forum, i feel bad for the fella, crazy i know

ptfe around a soldered leak, how does he not know it should only be used on the threads of compression fittings ;)

It makes me wonder why I bother tbh, you seem to get no extra money or thanks for doing it right. Well almost right anyway.

True Leo ,
i do it cos I like when I finish work and turn around and it looks nice and organised and some customers do realise when some one has done a good job , and then they recommend me to there friends (some do , some don't )

True Leo ,
i do it cos I like when I finish work and turn around and it looks nice and organised and some customers do realise when some one has done a good job , and then they recommend me to there friends (some do , some don't )

An old saying that is so true "Do a good job and they may tell one or two people they know, do a bad job and they'll tell everyone!" :)

An old saying that is so true "Do a good job and they may tell one or two people they know, do a bad job and they'll tell everyone!" :)

I agree with your sentiment. But price seems to be king, and I've seen some really rough work. When you ask where did you get this guy from, you get "he was recommended" seems if it works, you get recommended!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I forgot to say. All our radiator thermostats...
Replies
Views
It doesn’t sound like you’ve had the best...
Replies
Views
Good stuff, yep I can’t totally relate to...
Replies
Views
Sharp Point
S
Back