Are there any 40-50kw system domestic boilers out there.... | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Are there any 40-50kw system domestic boilers out there.... in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
or can I install a commercial boiler under 70kw on a domestic ticket? In other posts, it has been debated but, with differing views.

If it is branded as commercial you cannot fit it regardless of the size, I called up Gas Safe about this a few months ago.

Does it have to be a system boiler? Worcester do the 40CDi, you could just fit external vessel and PRV as if you need a 40kw boiler chances are you are going to need an addition vessel anyway.

it is a church, which has been turned into separate rooms. and an unvented cylinder BG installed, but with an immersion for now. But has primary side also. No, it doesn't need to be system, it can be heat only and convert.

40kw not big enough

Ideal evomax 60 wall hung regular
Or a pair of smaller system boilers and a LLH

The ideal is a commercial boiler so you cant fit that on a domestic ticket. I would fit two boilers on a low loss header then as suggested above. Two nice Worcester 24 Ri's.

also, i need to quote for a 60kw boiler upstairs to run underfloor heating. Think I am way out of my league on this one.

I called gas safe a while back on something like this and had different views form different people at gas safe .

Worcester do a boiler bigger than a 40cdi can't remember the name though used to come under the burdus badge sure there is a 60kw version

So you are going to have a total of 60+50kW installed? if so better pulling them all together into a single plant room, 3 x 40kW boilers in cascade on a low loss header, then taken off to points of use from there.

awesome, that boiler looks like the kiddy. Not cheap though are they. And that is domestic? 3 of them is a great plan, will be a nice job that. They have given me a big external wall to put boiler so will advise that they build around them as in a cupboard.

awesome, that boiler looks like the kiddy. Not cheap though are they. And that is domestic? 3 of them is a great plan, will be a nice job that. They have given me a big external wall to put boiler so will advise that they build around them as in a cupboard.
for what that costs you can get 2 x potterton 40 kw titaniums with a 7 year warranty,they just need 1 hot outlet each to work and via the controls output wiring will work as system boilers Potterton Titanium 40HE Combi Boiler, Flue & Clock - Mr Central Heating

Core blimey, they are cheap aren't they. And a good warranty. Not sure where i would run the hot, as an unvented cylinder just been fitted
anywhere really basin,shower,sink etc there bloody good boilers as well,and more importantly domestic

you got me thinking there. Nice that they come recommended by one of the main guys from the forum with experience too. unrelated, but i read in the heating design guide today that a system boiler supplying an unvented can only be 45kw. What is the reason for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I agree. (I hold domestic, commercial and...
Replies
Views
sweet. that is the answer i was hoping for!
Replies
Views
200% won’t be the reason the cylinder isn’t...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back