Are these radiators odd/special sized? | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Are these radiators odd/special sized? in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi everybody.

I am currently renovating my house and it has come to the time to plaster the lounge. Therefore, I new to remove the old radiators that are in there. They are single skin radiators and look very old. Therefore, I want to replace them. So, I measured them both and promptly went onto google (and typed in standard radiator sizes UK) to source new radiators. However, I can't seem to find replacements at these sizes. Am I doing something wrong?

Radiator 1 (Very long, under a low bay window) 2390w x 450h
Radiator 2 1260 x 600

Your doing nothing wrong your old rads will be imperial measurements new ones metric.
Smaller one quite easy 1200 rad + 2 - 30mm extensions.
Larger one you would probably have to use a 2400 rad. Stelrad do them fairly sure Kartel do them as well

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice guys. Makes sense now. Now...to confuse things further please allow me to ask...Why are some brands a lot more expensive than others? I presume they are made from the same materials? Also, now I am changing from single skin Rads to double skin do I have to configure them differently because reading up on Google it makes me think I now have to take things like BTU's into account??? I just want to swap these 2 single skin radiators in the lounge for 2 double skin radiators. Can I do this without any problems?

If your existing rads are plain single rads
You will increase output if you use single type k1 / type11 rads if you go for double rads type k2 / type 22 you more than double output and can become dependent on having sufficient pipework size.
As for cost Finish is a bit better on some but in essence look a length of warranty.

Similar plumbing topics

S
No point in doing anything with the radiators...
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
Yes I think that may be relating to the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Here is a photograph to peruse.
Replies
Views
N
Agree with the above insulation and windows...
Replies
Views
Back