Are these toilet blockage clearers any good | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Are these toilet blockage clearers any good in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

I am thinking of buying Rothenberger-Force-Pump to clear a blocked toilet ( when needed) but as its a bit on the pricey side I wondered if someone has any information on them before I buy​

Thanks

If the toilet is correctly installed and used it should never block so you shouldn't need the pump. I suggest figuring out why it's blocking and then fixing the underlying problem. There aren't many possibilities, so if you post some more details about the system it should be possible to figure out the cause.

A few years ago to make things easier for my disable wife I had the bath replaced with a low level shower cubicle . To do this the wash bowl and toilet had to be moved to a different position ( at right angles to where these were) I think the possible cause of the occasional blockages I get are because the waste pipe from the toilet to the outside waste pipe that goes down to the drain is about 6 feet long and maybe a little to flat to easily carry the waste away

Last edited:
If the toilet is correctly installed and used it should never block so you shouldn't need the pump. I suggest figuring out why it's blocking and then fixing the underlying problem. There aren't many possibilities, so if you post some more details about the system it should be possible to figure out the cause.
A few years ago to make things easier for my disable wife I had the bath replaced with a low level shower cubicle . To do this the wash bowl and toilet had to be moved to a different position ( at right angles to where these were) I think the possible cause of the occasional blockages I get are because the waste pipe from the toilet to the outside waste pipe that goes down to the drain is about 6 feet long and maybe a little to flat to easily carry the waste away

A few years ago to make things easier for my disable wife ...
It would want to try to confirm (e.g. with a drain camera) the location/cause of the problem. If it is simply that the low fall on the 6ft is not clearing paper properly and this would be difficult to rectify, you may find that rapidly chucking a 2 gallon bucket of water down at the same time as flushing once a week is enough to prevent problems.

There are others here who know more about drains than me, but I prefer rods / snakes / hoses to pumps (or chemicals) when it comes to dealing with blockages.

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

It is an 'all in one' toilet with a macerator...
Replies
Views
Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
Thanks very much! Gets me off the hook! Let...
Replies
Views
thank you very much - i will see if i can find...
Replies
Views
R
Following as I came here to ask the exact same...
Replies
Views
Laurie1987
L
Back