Ariston 210 STI Indirect Cylinder thermal cut off | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ariston 210 STI Indirect Cylinder thermal cut off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Petefinny

Hi guys I'm havin a problem with this cylinder, not dealt with these for a long time, what's the best way to check the thermal cut off device in these?

Can you be more specific, whats the problem exactly and when is it happening?

The 7 bar temperture and pressure relief valve had opened up and was emptying, i checked the thermal cut off by opening it up and turning the temperture up and down with a flat and it cut out so i new was sound, i took out the valve and it was rotten and corroded so replaced and all was well, jobs a good un

Cool.

When you say thermal cut out i take it you mean cylinder stat themal cut out? I dont think they are adjustable (cant remember exactly but think they are set higher than cylinder stat ie. 90 degree's C) but if i was having one trip out then i would dump some heated water out through the combined 7 bar and 90 degree's C temprature release valve into tundish and test it with a thermometre, its temperature would tell me where to look next. If it's corroded, you replaced it and it's fine then cool.
Unfortunately for you i got a couple brand new spare Ariston cylinder stats with thermal cut out, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Depends if it’s a serviceable item I don’t...
Replies
Views
Around 1k for a new cylinder and 500 ish to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi All, looking for some advice. I have...
Replies
Views
Back